Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is everything a figment of my/your imagination??? Try to visualize this. Let us say that every thought/thing/concept is represented by a black rock. So, for instance, a giraffe is represented by one black rock and atheism is represented by one black rock. The world is therefore full of millions and millions of black rocks. Now I ask you, grab the black rock that represents Solipsism!!.................you can't can you??? :) That rock is just a figment of your imagination......so solipsism, that black rock that you can not grab, can not be true because it does not exist. If every rock is a figment of your imagination, then the black rock that represents solipsism is also a figment of imagination. It contradicts it self...

It took me only a year to come to this conclsusion, give me another year and I will explain everything!!!!! :)

Any input is welcome..

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Cut and paste again. Solipsism is a philosophical debate, not a mental disorder.

so·lip·sism noun \ˈsō-ləp-ˌsi-zəm, ˈsä-\
: a theory in philosophy that your own existence is the only thing that is real or that can be known
First Known Use: 1874

Full Definition of SOLIPSISM
: a theory holding that the self can know nothing but its own modifications and that the self is the only existent thing; also: extreme egocentrism
- so·lip·sist noun
- so·lip·sis·tic adjective
- so·lip·sis·ti·cal·ly adverb
 See solipsism defined for English-language learners »
Origin of SOLIPSISM
Latin solus alone + ipse self

Other Philosophy Terms
dialectic, dualism, epistemology, existentialism,metaphysics, ontology, sequitur, transcendentalism

Sorry, very crabby today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.