Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone ? how you doing ? Please read my story and answer quetions i have. 2 Months ago i made a stupid mistake that i will regret for every second of my life . me and my 3 friends smoked weed for first time . First i took 5 hits from a joint nothing happened . then i took another 5 hits . then 10 minutes later it come all at once and zoned out for 10 seconds . i get panicked . i thought i was losing my mind .my friends were fine and laugh at me and smoked more and more . immedietly my perception of reality changed .then i tought will i live just like this forever ? omg i worried so much. then next moring reality was still fucked up. i am university student of gpa 3.8 . but now i am close to be dropped out. so please answer my quetions . i will never smoke that shit for $10 million seriesly. 1. Did marijuana altered my brain permanently ? i always think like that. 2. Will my intellegence and memory back ? 3. How long does it take on average to recover ? 4. How can i recover quickly ?

·
Administrator
1,385 Posts
1. Did marijuana altered my brain permanently ? i always think like that. 2. Will my intellegence and memory back ? 3. How long does it take on average to recover ? 4. How can i recover quickly ?
Hello Dave, welcome to the forum. I hope you can find some advice and support here. You are not alone. First of all, I'm sorry you've had this happen to you. It's sad that other people have this but this is also what the forum is about, to have each other to relate with. There's not really much evidence to say that you've become brain damaged in any way with having this dissociation induced be marijuana. I might suggest checking out the recovery stories section. There isn't much regularity in duration of how long you may have this, though marijuana induced depersonalization seems to be quicker to overcome than, say, trauma induced. Don't quote me on that though, it's really a case by case thing. Like I said you may want to read up on the recovery section, the most common reports are indicating that one should do their best to live life as usual as possible, do what you do, distract, don't dwell and overthink on this disorder.

Also, we don't allow requests or offers to share "pirated" material. You were asking about the dpmanual to be sent to your email; I removed that part of your post. It's really a legal thing and we have to respect the author of the dpmanual.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Your NOT brain damaged, Your NOT going crazy, You WILL improve over time...You have acute anxiety in the form of Depersonalization....Its NOT schizophrenia and NOT psychosis and you are NOT the only person in the world like this....There are lots of us on here who have gone through the exact same thing and have come out the far side much better...

Avoid alcohol and all illegal drugs and reduce all the levels of stress in your life...

You will get better over time...But nobody can actually say for sure how long it takes to recover...

If you find you really are unable to cope and are having thoughts of harming yourself to get out of the suffering you MUST contact a psychiatrist or doctor or therapist immediately...Do not try to get through this alone....Ask for help...

If it gets really really really bad you can consider some medication that can really help...But you will have to discuss that with the proper professional people...

For now surround yourself with decent caring understanding people and DO NOT be afraid to talk about ANY of your strange thinking or symptoms...Anybody who just tells you that there is nothing wrong with you are to be quickly avoided...This goes for professioanls as well...

You must DEMAND the proper help no matter how scared you are to talk about it....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts