Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all of you
I was wondering if any of you had any experience with magnetic stimulation (repetitive transcranial stimulation).Have you tried?How did you go?Good? Not good?
I am considering to have it,so I would be grateful for any info.
God bless you all.
Birdie

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi to all of you
I was wondering if any of you had any experience with magnetic stimulation (repetitive transcranial stimulation).Have you tried?How did you go?Good? Not good?
I am considering to have it,so I would be grateful for any info.
God bless you all.
Birdie

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi
I underwent rTMS this summer , but it did not help me .
Before that I got PET scan of my brain . The scan itself did not show much , but after comparing the results with results of group of ca 10 other people of the same age , 2 brain areas with abnormal metabolism (neural activity ) were indicated . It was supposed (but not sure ) that this could be connected with my DP (but it could mean sthg else too). Then rTMS of one of this area was prrformed (of left prefrontal cortex). After 4 weeks no result . Then other brain areas stimulated, again without reaction .

Anyway , everybody is different , it could work for you , no one knows .

I add a link to more succesful case : http://www.cnsspectrums.com/pdf/art_513.pdf
- its a case from Mexico , where the guy that underwent rTMS and was given Anafranil then , was almost cured .

Good luck
Michal

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi
I underwent rTMS this summer , but it did not help me .
Before that I got PET scan of my brain . The scan itself did not show much , but after comparing the results with results of group of ca 10 other people of the same age , 2 brain areas with abnormal metabolism (neural activity ) were indicated . It was supposed (but not sure ) that this could be connected with my DP (but it could mean sthg else too). Then rTMS of one of this area was prrformed (of left prefrontal cortex). After 4 weeks no result . Then other brain areas stimulated, again without reaction .

Anyway , everybody is different , it could work for you , no one knows .

I add a link to more succesful case : http://www.cnsspectrums.com/pdf/art_513.pdf
- its a case from Mexico , where the guy that underwent rTMS and was given Anafranil then , was almost cured .

Good luck
Michal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts