Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I found that Magnesium Threonate actually does reach the brain better than other types of magnesium. Many years ago I was doing a memory brain game experiment and found that my scores were a little better after I took the magnesium l threonate. I think this type of magnesium is worth a try, despite the added cost.

·
Administrator
977 Posts
I was just ordering some magnesium and read about l-threonate and how it's meant to cross the blood-brain barrier and improve cognitive function, even neuroplasticity. Sounds good, but then read it might be best taken in the morning as it's like a nootropic stimulant, and I've tried a lot of amino acids etc that did that and never liked it. So just bought glycinate.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I started takig a 250mg tab of magnesium as a supplement to control hand and arm tremors. I play billiards competitively, and over the past year my right arm and hand have acquired a troublesome tremor that makes a steady aim difficult

and mentally challenging. I decided to eliminate caffeine from my diet and take the magnesium, which is said to be a muscle relaxant. Its been 3 weeks and I'm playing tremor free again. It has also been some time since my last

ocular migraine. It would be too much to expect I won't have another one soon.

t

·
Administrator
977 Posts
Yeah, man. I hate to admit it but I'm getting older. Was getting these bad muscle pains, then took magnesium and they went away. I've read it can be the same thing with migraines.

What type are you taking?

Would be interested to hear how people have found magnesium l threonate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts