Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering undergoing testing for Lyme disease. Should I test for coinfections such as Bartonella, Babesia, etc. as well?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Could you specify for what bacteria I should be tested?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have Lyme and babesia. There are estimates that 80 to 90% of Lyme sufferers also have at least one coinfection. Babesia (both babesia duncani and babesia microti) is the most common. I have heard cases of Bartonella causing severe DP/DR. Other tick borne conditions include rickettsii, ehrlichiosis, rocky mountain spotted fever. Your doctor can help you make the decision and it also depends on the regions you have traveled though Lyme has been found in most places around the world.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your comment. Since I only present with psychiatric and cognitive symptoms, I was recommended by the laboratory through which I intend to undergo testing, to test only for Borrelia. Have you received treatment for your diagnoses? In case not, you may like to know that practitioners of orthomolecular medicine report positive outcomes with mega doses of intravenous vitamin C for Lyme disease, among others. Liposomal vitamin C may be comparable in efficacy, if not more efficacious.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I mostly present with cognitive and psychiatric symptoms as well. I think it's actually rather common, but I think more research and awareness needs to be done. It's called neuropsychiatric Lyme disease. My mother believes Lyme patients need to be wheelchair bound and have full body seizures. While this is certainly true for some people, Lyme is the great imitator; it can present it many ways. I have only done oral antibiotics so far; I am set up for a doctor consultation to see if IV antibiotics is the next step. The IV mega doses of Vitamin C is certainly interesting and a possible treatment option as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only recently have I become aware of the many manifestations of Lyme. Awareness to the disease is nearly non-existent in my country, since it is argued that Lyme transmission does not occur on Israeli ground, but such conditions still do not cancel out the possibility of carrying the bacteria from a foreign country. I am somewhat doubtful as to the possibility of being sick with Lyme myself, but it will be tested soon. Please update us with your progress; good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts