Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have crazy low vitamin D and apparently have a gluten intolerance. could 1 of these things cause dp/dr. I also am having ringing in my ears that gets loud and then quiet. But it goes away and comes back throughout the day. My doctor said im showing symptoms of scizophrenia and ive been having panic attacks everyday because i feel like im losing control. and i just got the flu and i feel like the brain fog is worse.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I would argue that any nutrient or mineral deficiency can exacerbate depersonalization.

In my case, I had low Vitamin D as well. I was taking medicine for awhile and it somewhat increased my cognitive ability.

On a separate note, was this your normal doctor or a psychologist? I would be very wary of his comments on schizophrenia if he isn't trained in dealing with those disorders.

·
Registered
73 Posts
That doctor is a dick. Anything from anxiety to depression can be considered "a symptom of schizophrenia". Having one symptom doesn't mean you have the illness, there's a large set of criteria that needs to be checked.

See another doctor that specializes in dissociative disorders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts