Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i feel terrible today. my girlfriend of 1.5 years, who has been the only person to ever take me away from it all, is having her doubts about us. i have the most difficult time making decisions, it is almost impossible sometimes. it is like i have a handicap with decision making - which only showed up after dp/dr. we are both in our 20's, and getting stuff in line with careers, she is pretty much on the path she wants to be on - and i am struggling with the first step. she feels like she has to constantly push me along with stepping up and making choices, and it is begining to burden her. i really don't know what i could have said to her. i am who i am, and i am better then what i was years ago. but i don't know when my situation would be better, where that stress on her part will be gone. it really hurt when she brought that to my attention, b/c i realized that dp/dr can effect an area of my life that i thoght was immune to it. plus, it also made me realize how unstable my life is and there is a chance it will always be this way. we haven't spoken since last night, and even though no break up was made - it feels like that is in the cards.

· Registered
247 Posts
Jophe -

Your story is a sad one, and one I am sure many can relate to on this board. You can never predict how others will react to our disorder, but thankfully she has shown her true support colors early enough in the relationship so that you can move on to someone who is more supportive.

You seem like a very smart guy who just has trouble making decisions at times. This is not uncommon, and something you can very easily address. At times, being indecisive is a good thing, especially in your 20s! You have plenty of time in your life for life altering decisions. Take your time, and take it at YOUR pace.

Today may have been terrible, but it will all go UP from here. Stay strong.

· Registered
65 Posts
Jophe

I have a major problem in making life altering decisions. I need to make quite a few at the moment but I know that right now is not a good time to be making these decisions. I struggle to make decisions because I think that later on, when I eventually get better, I will regret them.

As mcsiegs says "Take your time, and take it at YOUR pace."

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
always guys, thanks for taking time out of your day to help me out with words of encouragement and advice. at this point i really don't know where things will go with us from here. nothing was said about ending things, but it feels like that will be the outcome. whatever happens, it will be for the best. it is better I know now that things won't work, then after another year passes by, or 5, 10, etc. i do love her, but i can't blame her for knowing that my problem won't work for her. but it does hurt. i don't know if she expects to see me this weekend, but i just want to keep my distance to put my thoughts together. b/c maybe the decision will be mine to make if I want to still pursue this relationship in spite of her concerns... :?

· Registered
413 Posts
OH brother! I know right where you coming from! Exactly! It doesn't mean she doesn't love you man... She's only a human man... I don't know if youre into God or not but, one thing I found is that Man/Humans will always fail you. God will never fail you or leave you.

The hardest thing for me to relizes is that I'm only 22 years old and I have a lot of life to live! So do you man! I know at times like this it's hard to believe but it's the truth and with time you will find out.

You can only live day by day. I just want to let you know me and you have a similar situation. PM me if you want to talk on a more personal level brother!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.