Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends!
We need some positivity around here and I think it would be fun to get to know each other.
So I think it would be fun for you guys to share 5 facts about yourself (positive & not dpdr related.) (also I realize a lot of us feel pretty lost about ourselves right now but it's still doable)
It can be where you're from, any pets you own, random quirks or whatever!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll start
1. I absolutely love gardening
2. I've been married to my husband for 3 years
3. I have 2 dogs (border collie & a shi tzu) chickens, horses, sheep and a few kitties.
4. I could eat Mexican food for every meal, everyday for the rest of my life.
5. The Office is my Netflix go-to.

·
Registered
669 Posts
1) I am addicted to pizza.
2) I speak three languages fluently.
3) I am left handed, green eyed and 6'5'' so genetically I am pretty unusual, I guess.
4) I am twice divorced at the impressive age of just 33.
5) I am deathly afraid of heights and can't go three steps up a ladder without pissing my pants (but oddly have no problems with planes etc).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1) I am addicted to pizza.
2) I speak three languages fluently.
3) I am left handed, green eyed and 6'5'' so genetically I am pretty unusual, I guess.
4) I am twice divorced at the impressive age of just 33.
5) I am deathly afraid of heights and can't go three steps up a ladder without pissing my pants (but oddly have no problems with planes etc).
I'm green eyed too! What languages do you speak? That's so neat!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
1 I was a black belt In Taekwondo when I was 16 and represented Ireland in international competitions (I actually won the British Championships)

2 I won 3 player of the year (MVP) awards for three different amateur soccer teams

3 I cant sleep unless there is a tv on in the background

4 I have 9 aquariums (of various sizes) with over 200 different species of fish from all over the world

5 I would totally volunteer to be one of the first humans to travel to Mars even in the knowledge that I would not be returning.......

Chicane lefties are super skillful when it comes to art and sports and music....Courtney Mexican food rocks....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 I was a black belt In Taekwondo when I was 16 and represented Ireland in international competitions (I actually won the British Championships)

2 I won 3 player of the year (MVP) awards for three different amateur soccer teams

3 I cant sleep unless there is a tv on in the background

4 I have 9 aquariums (of various sizes) with over 200 different species of fish from all over the world

5 I would totally volunteer to be one of the first humans to travel to Mars even in the knowledge that I would not be returning.......

Chicane lefties are super skillful when it comes to art and sports and music....Courtney Mexican food rocks....
Okay you sound so cool! That's some neat stuff. I'm absolutely terrified of space so I respect you for that. I would say heck no haha.

Yes! Mexican food is the greatest ;D

·
Administrator
974 Posts
I'm quite boring really but I'll try to think of five things!

1) I'm (slowly) writing a horror novel.

2) I designed a strategic board game I'm trying to get published.

3) I'm a self-taught guitarist and play my own stuff.

4) I'm quite domesticated and enjoy cooking.

5) I watch comedy a lot and once wrote a comic novel.

·
Banned
22 Posts
Ok really cool! here we go

1) I am a troll. Not in a negative way, i love to prank my family and friends and we end up laughing together (yeah even despite dissociation I can still have some good laughter)
2) I have 2 cats, and i love animals
3) I love playing CS:GO, it's a shooting game, I'm pretty good at it.
4) I'm on first year of psychology in college, i really love studying the mind, emotions, physical body, and I think i'm creative and have many theories about the mechanisms of DP (even if they may be crazy and non-scientific)
5) I am a spiritual person, i believe we are souls, i believe there is an 'afterlife', i believe there is God (not a judgmental God like many religions say, but a some form of God or Source of life and the Universe)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok really cool! here we go

1) I am a troll. Not in a negative way, i love to prank my family and friends and we end up laughing together (yeah even despite dissociation I can still have some good laughter)
2) I have 2 cats, and i love animals
3) I love playing CS:GO, it's a shooting game, I'm pretty good at it.
4) I'm on first year of psychology in college, i really love studying the mind, emotions, physical body, and I think i'm creative and have many theories about the mechanisms of DP (even if they may be crazy and non-scientific)
5) I am a spiritual person, i believe we are souls, i believe there is an 'afterlife', i believe there is God (not a judgmental God like many religions say, but a some form of God or Source of life and the Universe)
I studied psychology in college as well. I was even going to major in it. It's funny because I've heard that around this site. Yes to fact 5. I feel the same way!
Thanks for sharing!

·
Banned
76 Posts
1. I never lost my humor despite having DP for a number of years
2. I worked in three different countries (UK, Switzerland and Canada)
3. I love travelling, this year I spent three weeks in Sicily
4. I am great Formula 1 fan (Vettel not Hamilton) and I am addicted to cars
5. I love my wife, she is the biggest support and life line to manage DP

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I studied psychology in college as well. I was even going to major in it. It's funny because I've heard that around this site. Yes to fact 5. I feel the same way!
Thanks for sharing!
Fact 5 and open mindedness will bring you peace in between your ears......

Been saying it for a long time now....DP sufferers are seriously clever people...

Just reading through these posts proves it...

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
1. I never lost my humor despite having DP for a number of years
2. I worked in three different countries (UK, Switzerland and Canada)
3. I love travelling, this year I spent three weeks in Sicily
4. I am great Formula 1 fan (Vettel not Hamilton) and I am addicted to cars
5. I love my wife, she is the biggest support and life line to manage DP
James fact 1 is very important...simply because even though we may not be feeling too good we should never underestimate the power we have to make someone elses day better by making them laugh....

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
1. I watch and play a lot of golf
2. I own a few of my own businesses
3. I'm getting married in 5 months
4. I love to travel. In the last year I've been to Japan, China, Europe, and have a trip planned for Thailand next month.
5. I just started a new boxing class which is a lot of fun.
Best of luck on your big day....We all wish you guys lots of happiness....Ive always wanted to visit Japan....Must be an unbelieveable place to have visited...

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I'm quite boring really but I'll try to think of five things!

1) I'm (slowly) writing a horror novel.

2) I designed a strategic board game I'm trying to get published.

3) I'm a self-taught guitarist and play my own stuff.

4) I'm quite domesticated and enjoy cooking.

5) I watch comedy a lot and once wrote a comic novel.
Horror Novel......Stephen King eat your heart out.....Thats terrific....In fact a DP head must be perfect for creating scarey stuff to write....

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
1) I absolutely love riding my cross country MTB off road in the summer sunshine, & do some 2 hour rides when able.

2) I recently left a cult after believing their nonsense for the last 24 years, & It's good to finally be free.

3) I'm really good at writing, & have been thinking about trying to earn a living from it.

4) In a sim racing competition in 2010, I came 58th in the UK out of 120,000 plus.

5) I used to do a lot of comping, & have won tons of stuff over the years.
Comping Space Monkey???

Have you been on tv and stuff like on 15 to 1 or other shows like Countdown etc....

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Hi friends!
We need some positivity around here and I think it would be fun to get to know each other.
So I think it would be fun for you guys to share 5 facts about yourself (positive & not dpdr related.) (also I realize a lot of us feel pretty lost about ourselves right now but it's still doable)
It can be where you're from, any pets you own, random quirks or whatever!
This post was a great idea considering we all as anxious people have terrible low self esteem....

Its about time we all started realising and started becoming aware of the amazing things weve achieved and done in life (With or without DP)

We are all actually pretty damn kewl talented people...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This post was a great idea considering we all as anxious people have terrible low self esteem....

Its about time we all started realising and started becoming aware of the amazing things weve achieved and done in life (With or without DP)

We are all actually pretty damn kewl talented people...
I agree! Everyone that has posted seem intelligent and interesting despite what we're all going through

1 - 20 of 34 Posts