Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dim lights in a restaurant while looking down at your plate, nighttime with bright street and car lights, and cloudy days or clouds covering sun causing instant changes in atmosphere/mood/theme that causes everything to feel dreamlike, like a painting, or the vibe just feels like an eerie psychological movie sometimes leading to full blown dp/dr. It could range from anything, like lightning conditions to the way environments look or shaped, distance, direction, height, width, etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Peaceseeker, anyway we can bump this post to get more responses? What you described is exactly how my DR exists. It all revolves around lighting and setting. I can be in a dim lit bar then someone opens a door and the sun comes in and boom... it’s a dreamland outside... close the damn door! And that’s just one of many examples... is there ANYONE you have read or met that recovered from this type of DR? I understand light sensitivity but a bright night sky can also seem fake and that’s not that bright... just fucking feels like I’m in a dream when I look up at the sky. This symptom has NOT changed at all. Anyone out there that can chime in on how they recovered from this?!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Peaceseeker, anyway we can bump this post to get more responses? What you described is exactly how my DR exists. It all revolves around lighting and setting. I can be in a dim lit bar then someone opens a door and the sun comes in and boom... it's a dreamland outside... close the damn door! And that's just one of many examples... is there ANYONE you have read or met that recovered from this type of DR? I understand light sensitivity but a bright night sky can also seem fake and that's not that bright... just fucking feels like I'm in a dream when I look up at the sky. This symptom has NOT changed at all. Anyone out there that can chime in on how they recovered from this?!!
While I can't really speak from a recovered point of view, I can say that I too am experiencing this, and I have found many, MANY people who experience/experienced the same thing throughout the past 2 years of being on several different forums. While this particular "breed" of DR came about for me after coming off of Klonopin, I had "normal" (there really isn't such thing as normal in this disorder) DPDR before taking them as well. Having suffered this particular set of symptoms over the past 2 and a half years, I can offer a lot of insight and would be more than happy to answer any questions. With that being said, I have a few questions for you and the others that replied on this forum. You speak of cloudy days and the way they affect the "atmosphere." For me, atmospheric feelings and moods have been a huge part of my current DR. When it is overcast, the world to me takes on an eerie, post apocalyptic, other worldly atmosphere. It feels like I am living on the surface of the moon, or deep in an extra-terrestrial jungle in another dimension somewhere far, far, away. Everything feels plain WEIRD and CREEPY. Have you guys felt this as well? I have noticed that I do best on partly cloudy days that aren't too bright but not too cloudy. For me, this symptom has come in waves, and I have gone several months feeling almost completely normal. I guess that may be due to the nature of benzo withdrawal. Another thing, do you ever just feel off, or like the world looks off in some indescribable way? Like it isn't quite the way it used to look? Not even in an unreality sense. Just wondering. I feel out of place and dysphoric constantly. Anyways, I hope to hear back, and like I said would be happy to delve further. Take care :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I experience a lot of head pressure and tension on overcast days. When its a bit clouded with a litte sun i feel the ''best'' and a bit more open in my head.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts