Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it doesn't appear that my lexapro is even doing anything. I'm been on it for almost 9 weeks- recently upped dose to 25mg about 10 days ago. My psych said there is really no difference between lexapro and celexa(citalopram) and that If lexapro didn't do anything that celexa probably wouldn't. Zoloft made me feel wayyyyy worse, so I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with lexapro and celexa, because I'm running out of ssri's to try. I'm still trying to get him to prescribe seroquel as I've seen some favorable results for recovery so I'd like to try that

·
Contributor
231 Posts
So it doesn't appear that my lexapro is even doing anything. I'm been on it for almost 9 weeks- recently upped dose to 25mg about 10 days ago. My psych said there is really no difference between lexapro and celexa(citalopram) and that If lexapro didn't do anything that celexa probably wouldn't. Zoloft made me feel wayyyyy worse, so I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with lexapro and celexa, because I'm running out of ssri's to try. I'm still trying to get him to prescribe seroquel as I've seen some favorable results for recovery so I'd like to try that
It most likely won't Lexapro (escitalopram) and celexa (citalopram) are essentially the same medication, only lexapro doesn't have as many side effects and is generally well tolerated by most people who take it. A few people I've read about have had success with Lexapro + Lamictal + Klonopin combination.

I myself am having success with 30mg of celexa and the occasional klonopin along with talk therapy every two weeks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Makes sense. I'm just wondering if I should try going up one more time on lexapro (to 30mg) or just give it up and try something else. I'm hoping to have my psych prescribe me seroquel... maybe that will help the lexapro and work off each other. Klonopin actually didn't do anything for me but make me sleepy... didn't do a thing for dp.,. And I'd rather not start on a benzo habit... your lucky that celexa is working so well for you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts