Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting college on January 22nd and starting lexapro today. Previously tried Zoloft which made things worse and just curious if this is going to help with the DP/DR and blank mind. If someone could explain blank mind to me and that there is hope for recovery that would be great too. If after the 6 month mark of having this (Feb) and see no improvement the Stellate Ganglion Block will be in my future. Also going to start exercising heavily making a push to recover before summer

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more thing I’d like to add is that i have chronic neck pain which isn’t normal for a 19 year old male. Read there is a connection between brain fog and neck pain and a chiropractor can be very helpful

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey! I hope the lexapro is helpful. I'm taking a small dose of Zoloft, which has helped me manage my anxiety better. I don't think SSRIs will cure the dpdr, but they may be able to lessen anxiety and depression enough so that the dpdr isn't as bothersome (at least that is what happened to me).

I'm in university and it is really difficult to attend school while experiencing dpdr. Luckily in uni/college you can skip classes easily, so if you feel really terrible one day you can stay home! But for the most part I find the schoolwork and studying helps keep my mind occupied enough to worry less about the dpdr.

I don't think I've experienced a blank mind, so I can't offer much insight on that! I also have awful neck pain, and I'm only 22. I stretch and get massages and have pretty good posture so I have no clue what the problem is. When my neck is in a lot of pain I do feel a bit more foggy and more dpdr. I go to the chiropractor for back issues but don't let them crack my neck. I've done a lot of reading about chiropractic treatment of the cervical spine and it can be dangerous (basically the cracks may mess with a major artery in the neck and lead to strokes/death and such). But there are other treatments where they don't actually crack your neck, I can't recall the name but it's this machine that helps align the vertebrae in the neck and it is safer. Anyways, if you can go for a medical message for your neck, it can feel really good and be very helpful for pain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I've already made a post about this but I began Lexapro about a week ago and have found it to completely end my obsessive existential and DP-related thoughts which is making life 100x easier and will also I assume make recovery much quick, because we all know the best way to recovery is to not think about it, but that is hard when the thoughts are intrusive and obsessive. I hope it helps you too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts