Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have trouble letting go of the thoughts. I have intrusive thoughts throughout the day mostly about free will, control and the fact if we are just programmed bots or not that react to outside stimulation as we go through life. Problem is now, my conscious has become so aware of all these automatic process, for example, like thinking and how thoughts occur at random, it’s become very difficult not to think about. It’s almost hard to become submerged in the moment because of the obsessions with how the brain works now it does and the questions that ponder if I really do have control or not. Just can’t seem to let go and enjoy anything. Just want to go back on auto pilot and have faith in my brain and what I am doing without questioning EVERY thought that pops into my head and EVERY decision I make which makes me questions control.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey man sorry for responding so late D:. I had been dealing with the same issues as well for a LONG time, but now everything is infinitely better for me. While I personally don't think it's real, the thing you gotta realize is that whether or not free will is real or not, worrying about it literally doesn't matter and won't change anything. When you're feeling normal, your emotions, thoughts, and actions feel like yours, and they are yours. There's no reason to not just enjoy it while it happens. Becoming overly self aware and overly self reflective isn't really a bad thing, it's just different. It's a little scary "realizing" just how animal-like we are, however, it helps you become more empathetic towards other people's actions, helps you understand yourself better, and takes away basically all of the stress in life. When you zone out, dissociate, and start questioning "whoa was i just reacting to stimuli" or whatever pops in your head, just go ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ whatever and keep going. Being human is fun as shit, and there's no reason to ruin it on your own. You're stuck here, might as well enjoy it.

If anything, turn these obsessions you have into something productive. Maybe go into neuroscience or study human behavior. A lot of people have these thoughts and want to learn more about why we act the way we act.

Hope this helped.

·
Registered
162 Posts
But you said that you have thoughts? So those are only a thoughts. For me it is like im believing all of this and living like that. Like im not in control and this is just how life is. And im not anymore trying to change anything but im only just going crazy like 24/7. I feel one of those crazy persons who are so confused about themselfs and get too deep into them that they have lost insanity. I dont have connection even little bit to anything. And i feel only those worst things happens to me. My nightmares.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts