Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound weird but has anyone who has recovered noticed an increase in anxiety attacks when the dp/dr was less often? I've had it for months now and have been feeling better the last week or so.. it still hits me frequently but not 24/7 like it was...

Basically I had been feeling good and got a severe panic attack while driving. Very scary. I almost feel like that protective barrier is weak and it allowed for the panic attack to happen? This all started with a panic attack after I had my first child 4 months ago and I rarely had panic attacks since but chronic dr/dp.

Any insights?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! I am not recovered yet but I think you are right. I had a massive panic attack after giving birth (also 4 months ago) and a few more, less severe, in 2 months after this. One panic attack ended with 24/7 DR and I havent experienced any PA since then. Though I'd rather go back to small panic attacks than having this awful state haha. What did you do to start recovering?
Congratulations on becoming a mother!
Congrats to you too! Honestly whats been helping me is i went back to work last week.. its brought back a sense of normally and routine. I still struggle but it feels a little better everday. until that painic attack ofcourse! Fortunately, it didnt flare up my DR which i thought it would. I am also on Celexa, going to counseling once a month and taking vitamins and avoiding caffeine. Far from totally recovered but its a much better place then i was just a few weeks ago.

Also thanks for the reply! i really appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts