Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im 15 years old, this is going to be my last post, im just wondering, the feeling of me not being me, i cant recognise my family myself i cant think, i feel disconnected i cant understand words and concepts etc, why does this happen? why cant i recognise my mum even though i know its her but it just doesnt feel like her, why ? why do i feel so messed up in the head? it just happened gradually i dont even know anymore, all i know is i have ocd and anxiety disorder, but why has these symptoms happened? i dont understand?

·
Administrator
977 Posts
So im 15 years old, this is going to be my last post, im just wondering, the feeling of me not being me, i cant recognise my family myself i cant think, i feel disconnected i cant understand words and concepts etc, why does this happen? why cant i recognise my mum even though i know its her but it just doesnt feel like her, why ? why do i feel so messed up in the head? it just happened gradually i dont even know anymore, all i know is i have ocd and anxiety disorder, but why has these symptoms happened? i dont understand?
For some people there's a medical or drug trigger, but even then if you ask people to tell you about their lives it becomes less of a mystery. Often they have been placed under a lot of pressure or stress, particularly from an impressionable age, with a sense of anxiety about safety or rejection. This may have been reinforced with intimidation and negative messages about who they are. This all leads to self-questioning, self-checking and mental exhaustion, and the effects can become very strange, much like sleep deprivation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts