Depersonalization Support Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Had migraine in the morning, when I started taking 1x 25mg also in the morning. Is it accident or is it from lamotrigine? My doctor practise says it is not from lamotrigine... I throw up second times today...
Headache is a very common side effect from lamotrigine. Being sick is also a very common side effect. If either continues or gets significantly worse I would go back to your doctor (who unfortunately sounds like a bit of an idiot). Its possible that your migraine is not due to lamotrigine, but I think its unlikely. This is just my view, i have no medical expertise.

· Registered
267 Posts
For me taking up to 200mg was like drinking water,no effect on dp/dr whatsoever and no side effects too.But it seemed to help a little with the BFEP and some floaters.

· Registered
290 Posts
Thy and TDX have done an extensive search, see page one of this thread.

update: again on 300mg/d, no differences, tongue still looks a bit strange, but doesn't hurt.

Will up the dose of prozac to 40mg/d, if nothing happens the upcoming months, maybe I will switch to escitalopram / lexapro.

After trying more than a dozen meds I start to think my body and mind are practically resistent.

· Registered
608 Posts
500 mg/d, no cold night sweats.

Prozac 60mg/d.

Effects, nothing.

How about the other Lamotrigine users, thy, TDX and others, what are your current experiences?
Shame nothing is happening for you. Nothing here either, at least nothing very noticeable, now on 150 mg/d. Will probably add citalopram if I get to 200 mg/d and still see nothing.

· Registered
290 Posts
Shame nothing is happening for you. Nothing here either, at least nothing very noticeable, now on 150 mg/d. Will probably add citalopram if I get to 200 mg/d and still see nothing.
Ah for you it's also a pity. What will be your maximum dose of Lamotrigine?

I will ask for serum tests to determine the concentration of both meds.

The switch to citaprolam sounds logical, based on the research papers et cetera. Will switch in a few months.

Good luck with reaching a therapeutic dose.

· Banned
1,101 Posts
I will try to reach the 600 mg/day.

Reactions: Ningen and thy

· Registered
290 Posts
This week 800mg/d Lamotrigine + 30mg/d Prozac.
Maybe the general fear + panic attacks are less, too early to be certain.

Tried Wellbutrin for a week as a third medicine, not good, so I stopped immediately.

I've been on Lamotrigine for 3,5 months now. What does the anecdotal evidence + research + trials say about user periods?

It's seem that an abundance of glutamate is not one of the factors that keeps my dp, dr fuelled, as I also tried Kepra for months.

There is Topimarate, but does it make sence also to try this?

21 - 40 of 54 Posts