Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and auditioned for a play last night. Only auditioned once for anything and it was seven years ago for a high school play (i sang edelweiss that time)

The dance part was confusing (i dance on my own thank you very much!), the singing part went better than I thought (although I wish they would have let me get to the GOOD part of the song, the lady did say I had a "strong voice") and the cold reading was WAY easier than I thought.

I also learned a valuable lesson...show up for the auditions LATE. that way you see where everyone else is competitively and you get to go last leaving the freshest impression. Man...I was wondering why no one was showing up save for me and this one girl i was talking to...then all these TALENTED people showed up ten minutes LATE! wtf??? ONe of them played Cousin Kevin in the recent run of "Tommy" we had at our local PAC...and she was GOOD at that part...made me want to use that song for my next audition....that is, if she's not there.

:)

Now i gotta go to work and do something about the 390 pairs of shoes I abandoned yesterday in order to do the audition. Oh holy cwap.

I think this is something I have always wanted to do in a way (sing in front of people, NOT put up 390 pairs of ugly shoes, lol) it was fun either way...to be able to do that...anyone want to hear me SIIIIIIING?

Afterwords had a conversation with a woman I have known for years but have always been annoyed by...turns out she's quite the singer...we had a good conversation. She was a lot more interesting than I previously thought.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went and auditioned for a play last night. Only auditioned once for anything and it was seven years ago for a high school play (i sang edelweiss that time)

The dance part was confusing (i dance on my own thank you very much!), the singing part went better than I thought (although I wish they would have let me get to the GOOD part of the song, the lady did say I had a "strong voice") and the cold reading was WAY easier than I thought.

I also learned a valuable lesson...show up for the auditions LATE. that way you see where everyone else is competitively and you get to go last leaving the freshest impression. Man...I was wondering why no one was showing up save for me and this one girl i was talking to...then all these TALENTED people showed up ten minutes LATE! wtf??? ONe of them played Cousin Kevin in the recent run of "Tommy" we had at our local PAC...and she was GOOD at that part...made me want to use that song for my next audition....that is, if she's not there.

:)

Now i gotta go to work and do something about the 390 pairs of shoes I abandoned yesterday in order to do the audition. Oh holy cwap.

I think this is something I have always wanted to do in a way (sing in front of people, NOT put up 390 pairs of ugly shoes, lol) it was fun either way...to be able to do that...anyone want to hear me SIIIIIIING?

Afterwords had a conversation with a woman I have known for years but have always been annoyed by...turns out she's quite the singer...we had a good conversation. She was a lot more interesting than I previously thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts