Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ll be just going through life and in some moments like driving or being at an appointment and this obsessive thoughts start hitting me like my eyes are some kind of screen and this is all not real and my heart literally skips a beat I got hit and panicky. I started to look at my arms and obsess over every word I heard or said and it just felt so scary. It’s so hard to explain my feelings to anyone because English is my second language I know just might of the basic words plus I was never good at talking bout feelings and emotions we didn’t do that at home.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I’ll be just going through life and in some moments like driving or being at an appointment and this obsessive thoughts start hitting me like my eyes are some kind of screen and this is all not real and my heart literally skips a beat I got hit and panicky. I started to look at my arms and obsess over every word I heard or said and it just felt so scary. It’s so hard to explain my feelings to anyone because English is my second language I know just might of the basic words plus I was never good at talking bout feelings and emotions we didn’t do that at home.
I can guarantee this is OCD it doesn’t feel like it but it is, it really sucks but it can get better trust me

·
Registered
391 Posts
About the heart skipping beats, if you mean in the literal sense, maybe you know already but it's called extrasystoles. It can be caused by stress and it is definitely not a typical sign of a heart problem, it happens mostly to very healthy people. I mean I am not a doctor, but I have had a lot of them and that's what doctors told me. I was not even very stressed, I was just traveling and nothing special was happening. Just to be sure they gave me a holter, which records your electrocardiogram, for 24h. I had something like more than 400 in that time, and they looked at them and told me it was all fine. I heard that some people had 2000 in one day, and same conclusion, this happens. But they were a bit frightening of course. Sometimes it felt like a shock in my chest, so strong that it would cut my breath and interrupt me in the middle of a word I was saying. Same thing they said. They told me it was very benign. I could have them regularly for about a month, and then it would fade away gradually.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I can relate because everytime it
About the heart skipping beats, if you mean in the literal sense, maybe you know already but it's called extrasystoles. It can be caused by stress and it is definitely not a typical sign of a heart problem, it happens mostly to very healthy people. I mean I am not a doctor, but I have had a lot of them and that's what doctors told me. I was not even very stressed, I was just traveling and nothing special was happening. Just to be sure they gave me a holter, which records your electrocardiogram, for 24h. I had something like more than 400 in that time, and they looked at them and told me it was all fine. I heard that some people had 2000 in one day, and same conclusion, this happens. But they were a bit frightening of course. Sometimes it felt like a shock in my chest, so strong that it would cut my breath and interrupt me in the middle of a word I was saying. Same thing they said. They told me it was very benign. I could have them regularly for about a month, and then it would fade away gradually.
yes I can relate cause everytime it happens I can’t even talk I stop myself and I overthink and think of the worst thing that can be happening like me passing away right at the moment and I frighten myself even more. I tell my counselor about it and she just basically slides thru the subject like it’s nothing but it hard to live life there was so many events I went to and I started getting these obsessive thoughts and I always think it’s the end. I used to be so confident in myself and I don’t know what really happened but something switched in my brain one day and I was never truly the same

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes I can relate because everytime it

yes I can relate cause everytime it happens I can’t even talk I stop myself and I overthink and think of the worst thing that can be happening like me passing away right at the moment and I frighten myself even more. I tell my counselor about it and she just basically slides thru the subject like it’s nothing but it hard to live life there was so many events I went to and I started getting these obsessive thoughts and I always think it’s the end. I used to be so confident in myself and I don’t know what really happened but something switched in my brain one day and I was never truly the same
I have the exact same thing. Its better now since its been like a month. I always think ima pass away just like that and its really hard

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the exact same thing. Its better now since its been like a month. I always think ima pass away just like that and its really hard
I’m glad you’re better ! I have days where I don’t think about it but past this week it’s been happening nonstop and the thought of passing away and not exist anymore freaks me out. I just feel like this is all some one big dream it’s hard to live life this way

1 - 6 of 6 Posts