Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find myself doing this a lot. Well I don't actually jinx things but hmm...I guess an example would be with my dp and stuff. For some reason I just know it will go away. It's not really a sense of hope it's more like "I'm young and I'm just growing up and by the time I'm 25 I will have everything figured out and dp won't even be a part of my life at all" It's hard to explain what exactly it is, but I feel like I'm jinxing it. Is that the right word? Like I have to play out every possible situation which makes them seem impossible to actually happen. I guess it goes back to wanting to be in control and also having big dreams of being someone great. Usually the situations I "jinx" are ones that turn into something which make me a better person. I guess I'm rambling but does anyone else do this and do you think it is one of the reasons we have dp? :?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I find myself doing this a lot. Well I don't actually jinx things but hmm...I guess an example would be with my dp and stuff. For some reason I just know it will go away. It's not really a sense of hope it's more like "I'm young and I'm just growing up and by the time I'm 25 I will have everything figured out and dp won't even be a part of my life at all" It's hard to explain what exactly it is, but I feel like I'm jinxing it. Is that the right word? Like I have to play out every possible situation which makes them seem impossible to actually happen. I guess it goes back to wanting to be in control and also having big dreams of being someone great. Usually the situations I "jinx" are ones that turn into something which make me a better person. I guess I'm rambling but does anyone else do this and do you think it is one of the reasons we have dp? :?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts