Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This stuff is really good : https://www.youtube.com/c/JadenChristopher/videos

Everybody is different. I relate to this a lot. What sucks is I feel like I deal with like an overlap of ~3 peoples shit.

If you watch enough videos you'll get really good coverage on everything.

The things I dont see him talking about much are Depression. He has said he was for just a short while - For me this shit eventually runs me in to the ground. I'm on Zoloft and I'm not as bad anymore. But I have a history of depression even with out DP/DR and HPA Axis Dysregulation stuff.

Not much about Agoraphobia etc... which is in line with PTSD style hypervigilance which he barely touches on. He mentions sound sensitivity. So he does go in to some of the lowest of the low shit which seems to include that.

But overall he sounds like he stays super active and disciplined. I am sorta ADHD style where I'm very disciplined in certain things and not in others. When I fall in to this shit it gets way worse. Routine gets hard.

Also he seems to sorta get garden variety panic where I can get some real odd nervous system activity. But at times he does sorta talk about these things! Lower spine stuff he said I think (for me its mostly upper).

There are a few other notable things that are different. On a positive note I do not have the panic like he does. I don't really have panic attacks when i'm awake. I don't get continuous ones. He dealt with some of that stuff for a long time.

His stuff on Nocturnal Panic is great. It is right on point. He even talks about things nobody else talks about! So now I know about this HPA Axis Dysfunction thing because of how similar a lot of things are. Adrenal Fatigue / HPA Axis Dysfunction. There are videos out there on this.

I swear its very PTSD and in line with what people say about information passing your frontal lobe and going right to the amygdala.

He also has some interviews and support stuff.

And yes he talks about dissociation. Not sure so much on intervals or if it hung around. With how much he doesn't talk about it I have to wonder if it was something that went away. But with all the other things he talks about its just so hard to imagine he doesn't/didn't have it. He talks about bad childhood so it is possible he's had it for ages and it gets worse with the panic. I don't know.

I hope this helps or is interesting.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is this relatable by anybody here? For me coming across HPA Axis / Adrenal Fatigue and these peoples experiences are big in 2021 as like when I discovered DP/DR (from a website) in 2010.

At the top of this all is probably Anxiety right. big net term. But this dysfunction thing is good to know if you go through it. If you look stuff up about recovery it overlaps heavily but the specifics might help a bit.

If you don't have this shit count yourself lucky. An example. I was reading and a popup happened and made noise and I felt it in my damn foot! Like it just goes right to the lizard brain and acts like a bigger deal than it is... Get that radiating wave of like adrenaline or scare. Luckily it wasn't too bad. I've had bad ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts