Depersonalization Support Forum banner

Iv'e almost 100% cured my DP, here's exactly how....

70K views 110 replies 48 participants last post by  Chip1021 
#1 ·
Hi guys, 8 weeks ago I started on a treatment for my DP which has now almost fully cured it. I had constant derealization for about 14 years and then very severe derealization and deperonalization for the last 7 months before my treatment started.

Iv'e discovered something that I believe is the cause of all DP, and the treatment iv'e done because of this information has finally smashed my DP for the first time in 15 years and literally saved my life. So iv'e joined this forum to share an article that I had been working on for the past couple of months, and hopefully help others get out of DP.

Here is the link to my article.

Enjoy the read, and I wish you all the best of luck...

http://derealizationcure.webs.com/

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wow, this is a pretty great post. I was literally just googling zinc before I stumbled on this. I know a lot of people on this board feel there's a connection between zinc and DP-DR so it's good to see something like this that seems to corroborate these claims in more detail.

I'm just starting on the paleo diet today. It's insane how many different people with different illnesses have benefited from going gluten free, especially paleo. I've been reading these boards up and down for the last month in trying to figure out a way to beat this and there seems to be a common thread involving healthy diet, rebalancing the body and spontaneous recovery.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of diet did you go on and how much zinc did you take per day?

#5 ·
I think there's a good chance you're on to something here. It definately would explain why nobody seems to be able to recover, like at all, withouth going down a looong road of trials and errors. I'm definately going to try this out! :D

I litterally bought zink supplements for the first time in my life, just yesterday. I feel like this might just be a sign of all the pieces of the puzzle finally coming together for me :)

I disagree with the taste test though, as for several medicines and vitamin supplies i've tried, they always seem to taste worse and worse over time ^_^

#7 ·
Thanks for reading guys, I really hope this method can help other people.

My diet now is strictly any food & drink that does not contain high amounts of copper &/or sugar, wheat is a very bad one for high copper ( bread, dough, cereals etc ), so my only carb source now is from potato, porridge & bananas, I could eat rice too but I don't like it. Everything else is just eggs, fish, cheese... so it's a very basic diet.

I took liquid ionic zinc ( full doze of half a cap ) once a day for about 5 straight days until it started tasting a little too strong, ever since then iv'e only had 1 dose roughly every 3 days maybe 4. However although raising my zinc levels back up most likely helped and made me feel much calmer, I think the main thing that got me out of DP was the detox from copper.

Also yes I WILL be running like hell :) iv'e spent way too much time trapped in DP and not living my life, and dedicated my last 8 weeks into writing all of my experiences into my article to share with others. So i'll check here now and then to hopefully see some comments of your positive results, I won't be here much, only occasionally as I need to put all this behind me now and move on, so unfortunately will not be able to respond to too many questions, sorry!

One day at a time guys, have patience, never give up on your recovery!

#8 ·
P.S. if it contains high copper avoid it even if it contains high zinc!.. if you take a good liquid zinc supplement to make up for not getting enough in your food then you will be fine.

The amount of foods & drinks to avoid is quite vast, what I did was just check google for each of the foods I eat to see if it contains high copper and cut that out from the diet. It's a very long and complex thing to document because if you take potato for example... potato is fine but NOT potato skins as the skin is high in copper, and then white fish and most other fish is fine to eat, but not sardines, another example is almost all fresh fruit is fine, but all dried fruit is not. So whatever you eat just research it on google, and do searches for 'foods high in copper'

I'll make a quick list of ALL the foods I am now eating...

Potato ( mainly potato waffles & croquettes ),

Porridge,

White fish,

Eggs,

Cheese,

Peas / Carrots / Greenbeans,

Apples / Oranges / Bananas,

Orange Juice,

Milk

This now is my diet and the ONLY foods I eat. Just a quick note of several things I know to avoid which are very high in copper...

ALL nuts, baked beans, mushrooms, tea, coffee, then obviously all wheat products. There is a lot more in the high copper list but google will be your best friend to document everything you need to know.

I hope this helps :)

#10 ·
I would say run like hell. Run away from this place. Rejoin the human race.
You mean this forum? I don't get that sentiment, I don't get dp/dr often but when the symptoms come back it's comforting to come back here and reconnect with people who 'get it'. Once I feel better, I just don't feel the urge to come back on.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
OP good for you, although I'd like to know, if I didn't have dp/dr for 24 years, and got it in one night after smoking a joint, is it safe to assume that joint had massive amounts of copper in it?

Sorry to be the negative nancy, but dp/dr isn't triggered by the same reasons for everyone. It's a disease of anxiety/stress, not everyone suffers from that due to metal toxicity.

Oh and I've been taking 50mg of zinc every day for 2 years, including the night I got dp/dr.

#13 ·
Another thing to possibly look into that's mentioned in my article, is quite a lot of people do not have 'bio-available' copper. Which means the body cannot get rid of any excess copper no matter how much zinc they take. This is something that you can develop at any age I believe, so you don't necessarily have to be born with high copper or be low in zinc for DP to appear one day ( if my findings are correct ).

There is obviously a lot more mystery left to DP and I do say in the article there is still a chance it could be something else that triggers DP, also I do say it seems like this could be a treatment to hopefully help most people, just like it has with me. So just a quick note to say that everything I mention I am not stating as a fact for all sufferers, but instead something that could hopefully help a lot of others and possibly even open the door to leading to someone else taking my information further and discovering even more DP triggers.

Good luck everyone with your journeys.

#14 ·
P.S. I have just added a little revision to my article about other causes of copper accumulation, in case it can help anyone...

'Zinc isn't the only kind of deficiency that can lead to copper accumulation, other deficiencies include manganese, iron, B-vitamins and vitamin C can all cause copper to accumulate if you are deficient in any of those. So you will need to tailor your diet and supplementation to YOU and find out what it is that is keeping your copper high ( if it is indeed high ), as everybody is different.'

#15 ·
I'm so happy that you've found the root cause of your DP/DR, & I hope that this information helps others out too. I'd like to try & give it a go, as most of what you mention about the copper personality applies to me. Changing my diet is severely hard for me though, so let's see if I can actually do it.

Interestingly, metal fillings are 8% copper! Do you have any?

:eek:
Sorry I did not see your comment, I actually have 2 fillings, which yes could easily be a contributor to copper accumulation if they do contain it.

Also good luck with trying this method if you go ahead with it.

#18 ·
Congratulations Mike. I too am almost 100% cured from Derealization over the past few months and I believe getting control of my anxiety is what made it go away. However, I find myself feeling down and wanting to cry sometimes. I am still not the person I was before all this happened. Maybe I am getting a little depression after suffering from such a trauma in my life for a year. I just started a new job and have no friends here so the only time I get to talk to someone is when I get home to my wife at night. My family all live in another country. I'm sure it will pass, and it's definitely only a mid week thing. At the weekends I am a lot happier because I am around my wife and friends. Anyway, congratulations on your recovery.

#20 ·
Can you be tested for zinc and copper levels? I was thinking of going to a naturalpath doctor to find out if I'm vitamin deficient

#21 ·
I've been eating healthier and working out and I guess I've been detoxing from copper and I didn't even know it. A lot of people do detoxes like that, it may or may not be linked. It seems like a healthy clean diet to me. Sitting in the sauna and sweating it out helps a lot too.

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am going to get my zinc and copper levels tested. Mineral toxicity was one of the few tests I didn't spend money on. Worth a try I guess.

But a few of the foods I'm bummed about , because I like them, and they also have many other health benefits, and normally would be considered very healthy foods:

Avocados

Garbanzo beans --> HUMMUS!!!

Organ meats - Liver.. I personally like liver, and it is actually considered a "super food". It has tons of vitamins(B12) and minerals, but yes also copper.

Nuts and seeds - I eat pumpkin seeds, which are HIGH in magnesium, which is GOOD for anxiety!

So, I dunno. Some of these "avoid" foods actually have things in them that are known to help anxiety/depression.

:/

#23 ·
Hi again guys, just to respond to some of your comments. My liquid ionic zinc does not contain copper in the ingredients, so yes you will have to find one that does not contain copper. Some manufactures add it to it as they know zinc depletes copper, but they are not aware of some people having copper toxicity. My brand of zinc is 'Good State Health Nutrition' and contains 0% copper.

Also that's great to hear Mike_NY, stopping anxiety definitely seems like a proven way that some people can use to heal DP, stopping the anxiety can start off a positive chain reaction. When you're not anxious and worrying then zinc stays up at a natural level, which in turn gradually brings copper back down, which eventually leads to better liver & adrenal gland function, which then have even more ability to remove excess copper, and so on and so on.

Also saunas are actually proven to expel and cleanse excess copper from the body, which is why you probably feel better afterwards. And also light exercise, aerobic exercise, slow walks and deep breathing are apparently proven to expel it too.

You can definitely be accurately tested to see if you're deficient in zinc. However the downside is you cannot really do accurate testing for copper, hair mineral samples can be taken to give a general idea but they are never accurate as most of the copper in you is sitting mostly deep inside the brain and other organs, and only taking actual tissue samples gives an accurate result.

Yes unfortunately all nuts & seeds are bad for containing high amounts of copper, however there is a known method you can try to remove the copper. There are youtube videos you can search for that instruct on how to soak nuts in water to remove it, making them copper free. I don't know if it works with seeds but it definitely works with some types of nuts.

Also just to respond to a question near the beginning of this thread, iv'e been researching more and looking into cannabis and why it might trigger DP. So these are new facts I have just found and have now added this revised note into my article...

When highly toxic cannabis rapidly depletes B12 & Zinc, the drop in both of those make copper spike, then to top that off cannabis is also very high in cadmium. Cadmium drives copper even deeper into the tissues, so it seems plausible that the combination of all 3 of these factors happening at the same time when smoking cannabis could be a trigger of DP, if copper is in fact the trigger. Cannabis is mostly an illegally grown plant around the world and does not come with any high quality control standards, so growers are much, much more likely to use large and dangerous amounts of fertilizers and pesticides to gain the most guaranteed and largest possible crop yields, in result adding a lot more dangerous & unnecessary cadmium into the end product.

When highly toxic cannabis rapidly depletes B12 & Zinc, the drop in both of those make copper spike, then to top that off cannabis is also very high in cadmium. Cadmium drives copper even deeper into the tissues, so it' seems plausible that the combination of all 3 of these factors from smoking cannabis can be a trigger of DP, if copper is in fact the trigger. Cannabis is mostly an illegally grown plant around the world and does not come with any high quality control standards, so growers are much, much more likely to use large and dangerous amounts of fertilizers and pesticides to gain the most guaranteed and largest possible crop yields, in result adding a lot more dangerous & unnecessary cadmium into the end product.

#24 ·
You mentioned you had some arthritis that disappeared at the same time your DP. Did you know that Metal Hyperensitivity is known to cause Rheumatoid arthritis? You might find that you have a sensitivity to copper as well as high levels of it. I have suspected Metal Allergy/Hypersensitivity as the root cause of my DP for some time now. Here are some interesting case reports of people recovered from various ailments after being diagnosed & treated: http://www.melisa.org/metals-disease/case-reports/

:)
Mine was actually diagnosed as Rheumatoid too, all gone by copper detoxing. I think you're right because even though i'm mostly cured now I think it has left me with a hypersensitivity to it. I can barely eat a pasta meal now or bread without feeling negative and anxious for hours afterwards. Thanks for the link iv'e just read through it, so, so many problems are down to metals, I know someone who fully cured their bad hearing and nausea a few years ago from cutting out food that contained mercury, like tuna etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.