Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can't believe it's been a year since I've blogged about my journey, but I just got a message from someone here and thought I should update since this website was a godsend for me when I was deep in dp.

So much has happened this past year. I got pregnant, married, and now have a beautiful 7 week old baby girl. It's been a bit of a struggle dealing with all these changes after recovering, but I am happy to say I am still dp free. I do deal with the occasional anxiety, but it is not at all like it was when it brought me to the point of dp. All the hormonal changed sure didn't help my anxiety either!

I am so thankful for this site and to finally be free of the dp monster, I just hope that I've been able to help at least 1 person find hope that you will not be like this forever. You are not alone and you should never feel embarrassed or ashamed for feeling this way because believe it or not, people understand more than you think. I advise anyone who feels comfortable to see a therapist because that's what helped me the most.

I saw one when I found out I was pregnant because the idea of my life changing so drastically scared the shit out of me and I know that I have a hard time coping with change. To identify that about myself was huge for me and now I don't hesitate to seek help if I need it. It also helps that my husband is amazing. I ended up marrying the guy I started dating last September (I believe I wrote about him in my last entry?) and I do not regret a single thing. To think that if I had let anxiety and dp take over and dictate my life like it use to, I would have never gone on that date and never would have ended up with my dreamboat of a husband and have this amazing little girl.

So take it from me. A girl who was convinced she was going crazy and would never have a normal life and have dp forever. You can recover. You can have a life. You can find your sense of normalcy.again. what you're feeling is temporary so long as you truly believe it. As my husband always tells me, "get out of your head" and that's the beginning of recovery.

Liquid Drinkware Art Font Event

dope
Sep 22 2016 04:02 PM

Wow! That's wonderful!

I hope the best for you, your husband and your baby girl
Sky Human body Font Gas Heat
Live a happy life, and enjoy life without dp.
Head Sky Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Font

Cat Carnivore Ear Felidae Whiskers

Leah87
Feb 27 2017 02:15 AM

Amazing! And yes I believe truly all we can recover and be the same but better again!!!! Always positive and always with G.d!!! Blessing for all you great people!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts