Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thats what everyone says friends family doctors, or its you think too much. you guys get that a lot? really annoying and frustrating no matter how many times you explain how you feel those are the responses i always get. people just don't understand this illness.

· Registered
806 Posts
livinginhell333 said:
thats what everyone says friends family doctors, or its you think too much. you guys get that a lot? really annoying and frustrating no matter how many times you explain how you feel those are the responses i always get. people just don't understand this illness.
It's why a quit talking about it with members of my family ages ago.

e

G

·
uhh yes they dont take it seriously, they just say "oh just stop thinkin about it", "its just depression its not that bad", so i try to avoid all conversation about it because they dont have to walk a mile in my shoes and basically have no idea what they are talking about. Its one of those things if you havent felt it before you cant imagine it.

· Registered
2,710 Posts
Well, er, it is all in your head...but I get your point. The nature of DR/DP is very frustrating, and because most of the time we come across as 'normal' and aren't howling at the moon or declaring that we are Napolean, people tend to think we are either malingering or just neurotic whingers.

· Registered
723 Posts
when i'm not feeling dp/dred, it's even hard for ME to understand how i felt when i was. my friends and family take it seriously and i love them for it...they just can't understand...which is the reason i'm so happy to have found you guys. it's wonderful to be able to talk to people that are having similar experiences. :D thanks guys!

G

·
It's the only place where I know someone realte REALLY to what I am saying.. :)

1)My parents try to understand... they know I don't feel well. They use to think that 1) I will have a med that will help 2)I am not really ill, and just depressed/anxious.

2)My friends must think that I am depressed and anxious, but it's sure, like they say, that they don't experiment this, but this must be very annoying. They know I feel bad.

3)My boyfriend use to think that either 1) it's all in my head, the day I will decide I am OK i will be 2) I am not strong enought, it's shyness or phobia, and I always been shy and it's just worse because of the baby 3) When I try to describe really well, he says I am really ill 4) sometimes, he say I need medication, and that will help, to relate to meds and psychologists, and not bother him with that, because he can't do anything for me, he's not a doctor, it's been 2 years and I have to live with it, and he's tired to see me like that, that I have to go to work and forget it, until it goes away.

4)My psychiatrist don't have a clue of what I am talking about.... I make him say whatever I want to. :( He believes ( I think) that I am anxious and depressed.

5)The psychologist I have seen for DPDR seem to know really what I talk about, but again, I KNOW she's not in my shoes :) I want to say to the world : but you don't get it!!! Don't try to understand, it's not that!!! And at the same time : please try to understand, please feel the same way than me!!!!!!

Argh :)

K

· Registered
216 Posts
...and maybe the doctors are right, it's all in the head.

I guess its just our ignorance and believing into *I am so special and no one does not even know what I am talking about, don't try to understand because you would not, since you never had it*, but how the hell we know what the other person had or had not. It seem to me that this plague originates from our thinking patterns (that one is special and unique)That is one of the biggest reasons for the dp itself. If only we could focus more on other people than on ourselves...
In the eyes of psychatrists we are all just the same humans with the same problems, they don't see us as unique individuals to whom the whole world attention should be turned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.