Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
30 year old male,here.
About 7-8 months ago I hit a point in my life I don't know if I'll ever get back from. I was living a life I didn't want, and I've come to learn now I've probably had anxiety and depression for a better part of my life but I just numbed myself and pushed everything aside.
Well. For 3 months I made the terrible decision to do cocaine every day,throughout the day foolishly thinking it would help me get the things I needed to get done in my life.. I ended up in the hospital with panic attacks.
I then spent three months thinking everyday was going to be my last. I didn't understand I couldn't feel I couldn't think. I couldn't do anything but cry and panic.
Now, I mostly understand but I'm still scared.
Some medications have helped, and I know im not the same as I was months ago but I'm scared I'm getting worse even though my Fiance says I'm doing a lot better with a lot of things. She seems to understand just because I look ok..I'm not ok.
I'm worried I won't get better. Will I be stuck like this? Can it get worse?
So here I am. She made this account in hopes I'd reach out and both of us can learn some things..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Are you sure you have DPDR? Are you diagnosed? Self-diagnosed? If your problem is DPDR right now, I can tell you that there is no universal cure. No magic fast cure. DPDR is a really complicated mechanism. First, you have to find out the sources and contributors to your Anxiety and Depression. Then address them one by one. That may fix everything. Or may not. That's the question of dpdr. Nobody is yet sure what the real cure is. And everybody is different. So if something has worked for some guy it may or may not work for you. If you search through the Revory Stories part of the forum, you'll see a lot of different perspectives on getting better! :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts