Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At this point I genuinely believe that my depersonalization is just something that I'll have to deal with throughout my life and that it will never go away. I'm still trying to come to terms that it will be this way forever and I've given up on trying to recover from this shit condition, but I will soon enough. Resistance is futile, after all.

·
Registered
357 Posts
At this point I genuinely believe that my depersonalization is just something that I'll have to deal with throughout my life and that it will never go away. I'm still trying to come to terms that it will be this way forever and I've given up on trying to recover from this shit condition, but I will soon enough. Resistance is futile, after all.
Well let me tell you that you can and will recover. And I have wrote this plenty of times on here that when I was a teen I got this and recovered with no medication and no help. My family thought I was going bat shit crazy. I would lock myself in my room and not come out for days. I had to quit my job because the lights at work would trigger attacks since everything was so intense like a dream. It took way over a year to snap back to reality. All I remember was that after a while I said fuck this. If I l have to live like this feeling high and crazy so be it. I started going out with friends while feeling like hell, then escaped to another state with my cousin and she had to take me plenty of times to the Er. Then I decided that I needed more distraction and I spent a lot of time chatting online (the aol times) after I felt 70 percent better I went back home, got my job back and slowly kept entering reality. I don't know when I recovered but I did and lived 16 years without this hell until it came back in February. And I will fight again because I refuse to live like this. And you can too. Develope a fuck it attitude and set up hang outs with friends even while feeling like crap. Even if you dissociate while out. You know how many times I had a dissociative attack and I would just stand there paralyze and no one noticed. You have to show this no fear. This time for me it came with more symtomps. So it's been hard to shake off. I'm hoping it goes away soon. I'm mentally exhastated

·
Registered
40 Posts
No, emotional trauma.
I see.

Well my doctor said that all patients are different when it comes to DP. Some can have it for 5-10 months, one week, 2 years or many years. She said that one her patients had DP for 7 years before he/she snapped out of it.

Perhaps you are one of the unlucky ones who have it for many years :/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts