Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Depersonalization is pretty much the trickiest demon one could ever possibly deal with in my opinion. But that being said, it's still just one big mess, wrapped up in 1 single thing. It's 1 obstacle that stands in your way. I guess you could call this the silver lining. Every thought you have from this point on, every action you take, will essentially make it better or worse. It will lie to you and tell you no matter what you do, that is the wrong action. No matter where you are now, you are knee deep in it's mess. That is simply not true. That is just a thought or feeling you are experiencing in the present moment, which can be influenced and changed at the snap of your fingers. That's one of its greatest strengths, it tells you a lie and you believe almost every time. It's important to keep that in mind. Recovery really is distraction and take 1 step in front of the other. Get out of bed, make dinner everyday, do your chores, and keep making progress over time. This and patience! We can't just do things and wait to get better though, we have to practice it! Like a sport. Practice getting yourself grounded again, getting your energy levels back up, making yourself laugh and smile somehow. The beauty is, the rules and the opponent never changes! We just have to practice popping back up, and then finding effective ways to knock it down again! Our opponent DP uses the same dirty tricks over, and over, and over again. We have to get better at adapting to defeat it!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Depersonalization is pretty much the trickiest demon one could ever possibly deal with in my opinion. But that being said, it's still just one big mess, wrapped up in 1 single thing. It's 1 obstacle that stands in your way. I guess you could call this the silver lining. Every thought you have from this point on, every action you take, will essentially make it better or worse. It will lie to you and tell you no matter what you do, that is the wrong action. No matter where you are now, you are knee deep in it's mess. That is simply not true. That is just a thought or feeling you are experiencing in the present moment, which can be influenced and changed at the snap of your fingers. That's one of its greatest strengths, it tells you a lie and you believe almost every time. It's important to keep that in mind. Recovery really is distraction and take 1 step in front of the other. Get out of bed, make dinner everyday, do your chores, and keep making progress over time. This and patience! We can't just do things and wait to get better though, we have to practice it! Like a sport. Practice getting yourself grounded again, getting your energy levels back up, making yourself laugh and smile somehow. The beauty is, the rules and the opponent never changes! We just have to practice popping back up, and then finding effective ways to knock it down again! Our opponent DP uses the same dirty tricks over, and over, and over again. We have to get better at adapting to defeat it!
Thank you for this. I just need help. I really don't want to go on medicine because I tried that before and I feel like it made it worse.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I often think that here is some way like straight way to recovery.. straight answer. but it is not, it is more harder.. in order to get you life back you need to go back and discover underlying patterns and beliefs.. other way is pushing life away inside you. Ofc it is hard because otherwise you wouldnot be there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does it feel like your a little powerless child?
I can't put myself into the dirtier or have a sense of time. And I really feel infantile. Like no one else exists but my baby state.
I wish there were a way of finding a road out of this. It's terribky lonely and disabling. If anyone .. well it's hard to say feel the same way, bc I think it affects ppl differently. But if there were a rememdy I would surely follow it. I feel utterly lonely.

It's like looking into a fun house mirror and not seeing an image clearly.
I want to be able to see myself into the future. I have this to do Friday, this to do say abd this to do Sunday. That there is a continuity.
My mother suffered from depersonalization. I'm not here to lambast against here. She had her demons. It's just that ... I wish I weren't suffering from this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts