Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
okay i’ve been doing really good for a while no big panic attacks in about 1 month. i still get anxious at least a couple times a day but i calm down and am fine. i have starting feeling connected and things are starting to look real again, and absolutely no more physical symptoms which is amazing. my vision problems is the only that that concerns me and is standing in the way of my recovery. i have eliminated my fear and anxiety as much as possible and sense i am getting better my vision problems such as black lines, floaters, and visual snow all only in bright light (none of this bothers me when i’m indoors) should be getting better too right? i feel like it’s getting worse but it might just all be in my head. any replies would help me very much thank you.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have had fairly bad visual snow (and tinnitus) all my life, at least from my earliest memories. I think I first noticed floaters in my teens. I'm not sure about the black lines. (I also used to have migraines with aura two or three times a year where I lost half my vision and those started when I was about 15, but pretty much stopped by 30.)

I developed dp/dr when I was 18, so it was not connected to the visual issues.

I still have visual snow and tinnitus, but I consider myself effectively "cured" because I don't notice it. I am so completely emotionally indifferent to it that my brain has learned to filter it out. If I were at all anxious about it, I'm sure it would drive me insane!

If yours started with the dp/dr, I would expect it to eventually disappear too.

It could all be in your head, because everybody has a tiny amount of static in their vision, and the more you pay attention to this visual noise, the more your brain amplifies it.

Floaters are a separate issue. I think there is a new laser removal treatment for those if they really bother you. I have a lot, but don't notice them.

okay i've been doing really good for a while no big panic attacks in about 1 month. i still get anxious at least a couple times a day but i calm down and am fine. i have starting feeling connected and things are starting to look real again, and absolutely no more physical symptoms which is amazing. my vision problems is the only that that concerns me and is standing in the way of my recovery. i have eliminated my fear and anxiety as much as possible and sense i am getting better my vision problems such as black lines, floaters, and visual snow all only in bright light (none of this bothers me when i'm indoors) should be getting better too right? i feel like it's getting worse but it might just all be in my head. any replies would help me very much thank you.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Floaters and spots in the eyes doesn't not always mean it's a symptom of dp Dr i have floaters and other eye symptoms not connected to dr dp at all so maybe your 100 percent recovered

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had fairly bad visual snow (and tinnitus) all my life, at least from my earliest memories. I think I first noticed floaters in my teens. I'm not sure about the black lines. (I also used to have migraines with aura two or three times a year where I lost half my vision and those started when I was about 15, but pretty much stopped by 30.)

I developed dp/dr when I was 18, so it was not connected to the visual issues.

I still have visual snow and tinnitus, but I consider myself effectively "cured" because I don't notice it. I am so completely emotionally indifferent to it that my brain has learned to filter it out. If I were at all anxious about it, I'm sure it would drive me insane!

If yours started with the dp/dr, I would expect it to eventually disappear too.

It could all be in your head, because everybody has a tiny amount of static in their vision, and the more you pay attention to this visual noise, the more your brain amplifies it.

Floaters are a separate issue. I think there is a new laser removal treatment for those if they really bother you. I have a lot, but don't notice them.
thank you for the reply! i have had floaters my whole life too i remeber when i was a kid just playing in a soccer game and look at the sky and just obsessing over them and than whenever they come i just ignore them, but with the dr it's more of them at once and there like really different shapes. the black spots are weird whenever i move my eyes to the right or just move them when i'm looking at the sky or something bright there's like 4 lines of black floaters and it's kind of annoying but i just wear sunglasses and they go away.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Floaters and spots in the eyes doesn't not always mean it's a symptom of dp Dr i have floaters and other eye symptoms not connected to dr dp at all so maybe your 100 percent recovered
thank you so much for your reply! I don't really know if i'm 100% by now, i still have bad anxiety and a lot of fear in me and that's why i'm not fully recovered but it's only temporary and i will be fine in the future.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey when u say physical problems did u have twitching?
yea and no, like muscle spasms yea but i've had those my whole life and there normal but i don't know if that's what you mean. by physical symptoms i meant like this weird tingling and numbness feeling throughout my whole body 24/7

1 - 7 of 7 Posts