Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Most people on here know my story so ive had dp over a year and a half now , over that time the symptoms have changed and ive had many .

So now my symptoms are basically full on dp/dr if I get into a panic or any type of strong emotions .
My emotions still feel out off control at times
The truth is i dont even know if I still have depersonalization because I can't really relate to most on here anymore .

Somethings off and it doesn't CHANGE its constantly at this level, which makes me wonder if im better but had dp so long i cant tell anymore .

The thing is its not brain fog or anything , but it is SOMETHING . And what scares me is i dont know mysrlf what it is .
Because I can't even describe the feeling its like 5% of me is off .

Am I recovered and just forgot how i was as a person before the dp hell started and this is normal
Or is this still the last peice of recovery and its still depersonalization.

Would love to hear from others that are currently having the same sorta feelings as me or have in the past

Have i recovered if so im not liking this because SONETHING is not quiet RIFHT
But what ???????

·
Registered
485 Posts
Over the years on this site I've heard this kind of story so much and have also experienced this myself. If you were "recovered", as in fully 100% symptom free, you would not be questioning this. That is if you truly do only have dp/dr. If it was alleviated, you'd know it. When you feel like this, it's more likely that you're just feeling alot better, but not neccessarily "recovered". If you still have to ask yourself whether or not you've recovered, then it's highly doubtful you have. I remember someone saying something similar to what Im saying now in a thread like this years ago, and it definitely rang true and still does. Can't tell you how many times over the years I've thought "well maybe I recovered!", even when I damn well knew deep down it wasn't true. A little deppressing but it'll save you the headache.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for writing me i appiciate it
That's a good way off looking at this stage im at , its a annoying type feeling and bothers me just like all the severe symptoms of dp .

I'm hoping im close to recovery it feels forever yet only a year and a half.
Thanks again
I'm hoping someone on here has the exact same feeling right now as me ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts