Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like my soul is dying. Im anxious all the time and nothing around me feels real. Im confusing dreams with reality. Physically I feel sick and weak. I look around outside and the streets and houses and just dont understand any of it. Nothing computes. Im pretty much housebound and incapable of doing much anything.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i feel the same, everything looks flat and i dont recognize where i am, who am i with, or even myself. i feel like an automaton.
at this point i dont even know if this weakness/lack of motivation its just me pitying myself...

is this dying? its like a slow death that each day takes a part of me, without actually taking anything, more like scrambling my mind creating the illusion of loss, and each day i feel like less and less. like living in a loop or something.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nope just dp. You feel like you are because your mind thinks you’re under attack. Your mind is stuck in hyper-aware mode. Once you get the anxiety to calm down slowly everything will return to normal. I’m nowhere near recovered. Very VERY slow progress. The after month 3 I quit my job and stayed inside for a good two months literally went outside maybe once or twice. And was so afraid each time like nothing felt real everything looked so fake. It’s not though and the more you go outside, so painful I know, the more you’ll be able to be fine. You don’t have to go outside everyday though. Today I stayed in because I have cramps lol. I’m still dp’ed. The existential thoughts are what kill me, but I keep telling myself they’re just thoughts. Not easy though but practice makes perfect, right ? Just try and appreciate that you’re actually alive and you have the world at your hands. You can actually do whatever you want (within reason lol).

·
Registered
445 Posts
"fear kills the soul"

Anxiety, DPDR can rob you of your very essence but at the same time it doesn't. The reason I say that is because it's all still in there but just covered up by symptoms at the present time. No one ever died from DPDR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts