Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have read a lot of stories here.
English isnt my first language so sorry for that.
I have used mirtazapine for 1 year for sleep problems.
I never used any other drugs in my life and I trusted my doctor when she said I can come off it with no problems.
Since I stopped I lost all of my emotions,all sense off time,I feel very stupid and cant think. My sleep is very bad but I never get tired or hungry.
I saw a lot of people here who got the same symptoms but it seems these symptoms are more difficult to recover from.
My question is when you got the blank mind/cognitive depersonalisation what are the causes? I see a lot of people who got this from antidepressants. Are there people here who got this from anxiety or trauma only? Im realy scared and dont know what to do.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello I have read a lot of stories here.
English isnt my first language so sorry for that.
I have used mirtazapine for 1 year for sleep problems.
I never used any other drugs in my life and I trusted my doctor when she said I can come off it with no problems.
Since I stopped I lost all of my emotions,all sense off time,I feel very stupid and cant think. My sleep is very bad but I never get tired or hungry.
I saw a lot of people here who got the same symptoms but it seems these symptoms are more difficult to recover from.
My question is when you got the blank mind/cognitive depersonalisation what are the causes? I see a lot of people who got this from antidepressants. Are there people here who got this from anxiety or trauma only? Im realy scared and dont know what to do.
Did you come off them slowly or altogether? Could be withdrawal from them, people have had this from medication and or stress trauma, I was depressed and extremely anxious prior to this, alot of things got ontop of me and I succumb to depersonalization.

Best thing to do is relax also and not worry. Worrying only makes it worse and is more likely to prelong it. If I would of stopped worrying when it first happened I would of been done with this long ago.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I understand bit It is very scary when you need to think all the time and nothing comes up. Time perception is nothing now. Did you also have this? I feel nothing. I think its chemical I see a lot of people damaged by mirtazapine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah I understand bit It is very scary when you need to think all the time and nothing comes up. Time perception is nothing now. Did you also have this? I feel nothing. I think its chemical I see a lot of people damaged by mirtazapine.
Find it hard to think, perception of time is off. The year I have been in this has went by like a couple of weeks. I don't check the time like I used to. No emotions no connection to self.
I'm aware its scary but I believe your brain has to rebalance itself in your case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts