Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so idk where to start I had odc then it went away then I had my first panic attack that got worse and worse I get about a panic attack a day also I feel like im in a dream like ill be doing something and 5 seconds later it feels unfamiliar my family friends etc. I get visual snow a lot when I go in stores its worse everything goes blurry chest pains etc memory loss everything feels fake I feel high like nothin is real like im talking but don't feel in control of what im doing I feel loss of sense of touch also does this sound like dp? I can't even leave house like ill think of memories and it scares me because it doesn't feel like it actually happened and when I do something I used to do it seems unfamiliar plz help :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Brayfl,

This is a very typical experience of DP/DR.

Everything is tinged with strangeness and unfamiliarity in dp/dr because your emotions and memories are disconnected/dissociated from the world and/or your self.

You feel it most acutely in familiar surroundings and when doing things you used to do because the contrast is so strong. If you were in a new situation and surroundings, I think your dp/dr would not feel as bad.

If I were you, I would learn to manage my panic attacks and anxiety. Once you've got that under control, your dp will likely soon pass and everything will be back to normal before long! :)

so idk where to start I had odc then it went away then I had my first panic attack that got worse and worse I get about a panic attack a day also I feel like im in a dream like ill be doing something and 5 seconds later it feels unfamiliar my family friends etc. I get visual snow a lot when I go in stores its worse everything goes blurry chest pains etc memory loss everything feels fake I feel high like nothin is real like im talking but don't feel in control of what im doing I feel loss of sense of touch also does this sound like dp? I can't even leave house like ill think of memories and it scares me because it doesn't feel like it actually happened and when I do something I used to do it seems unfamiliar plz help :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the tips when I get dp really bad I loose my breath and everything gets fuzzy I have shortness of breath all day long and forget everything any tips on that?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey thanks for the tips when I get dp really bad I loose my breath and everything gets fuzzy I have shortness of breath all day long and forget everything any tips on that?
yes! I got the shortness of breath myself the first time about a week ago. learn deep breathing. in through the nose for 5 seconds, breathing with your stomach, hold a second, then breath out through mouth calmly for 5. deep breath all day if you have to. I had to for like 4 or 5 days straight. it was exhausting, but you will get through it. Also, I know exercise is hard when deep breathing, but try to do some if you can. I guess we only have so many "fear hormones" before our body gives up the fight or flight and anxiety/short of breath uses these fear hormones. Exercise also uses up your fear hormones so it is best to use them up faster :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts