Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last 6 years I’ve had 4 periods of emotional numbness (where I can’t cry) which have lasted 3-4 months each. I’m currently struggling now. I have suffered from anxiety for 20 years and am on Sertraline (I was on Sertraline for along time before the numbness started). When I get these periods I can’t feel any emotions and then I start to be able to cry abit before the positive ones come back. I also lose my appetite and sleep becomes difficult. I feel like I can’t cope with anything which easy, I have to really motivate myself and my decisions have to be made in logic due to the lack of emotions. Please advise Is this DP?

·
Contributor
231 Posts
Its really hard to say. Emotional numbness can be a symptom of a variety of mental health issues. I'm not a doctor, but to me it sounds more like a depression issue, than a dissociative one.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have emotional numbness with dp bit I also have at least one other symptom of dp so I'm not to sure if it is so or maybe depression or i could be from your chronic anxiety that can burn you out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts