Depersonalization Support Forum banner

is this a dp/dr symptom -freaked out!!!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Aha's Shadow 
#1 ·
Please someone tell me this is just depersonalization or derealazation. I was talking to my husband when I caught a glimpse on myself in the mirror, but I carried on talking, watching myself....I was watching my mouth and in watching it move I kept thinking it's like I'm watching someone else talk?? Like the words are not coming out of my mouth. I keep doing it all the time, it's like I don't think about what I'm saying but I'm saying it anyway.

Someone just tell me this is part and parcel of this HELL that is dp/dr? I'm so fucking freaked out and 99.9 percent sure I am going nuts.

#2 ·
Yes, that is dp/dr. Part of the package, for me at least, includes difficulties recognising myself or others, and frequent experiences of jamais vu (and deja vu). Sometimes I hear myself speak but I feel completely detached and distracted from the things I say, like it was someone else saying them, but somehow I still keep talking and nobody notices anything. You're probably not going crazy, but it does feel bad, I understand : /.

#5 ·
I find myself saying and doing things that I don't even think about doing nor want to. All I want to do is spend my time thinking about and recovering from this, but I still watch this person go to work, eat, drink, talk to people normally. All the while not believing this is actually me and wanting to be in hospital being made better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.