Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine reads: mild cerebral atrophy, prominent ventricle and sulcal spaces, white matter hyperintensities.

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
MichaelTheAnhedonic also has an abnormal MRI.

·
Registered
155 Posts
man i need to get a mri i bet theres somthing going on with my brain i had a ctscan when my dp was in the mild stage and it was ok but that was just a ct scan and i wasnt full blown dp yet. my doctor is a fucking moron though i dread even going there or making appointments with him.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@nocturnalman mine was a combination of drugs(marijuana) and deep over indulgence in to spirituality and philosophy. The latter simply fucked my mind. I have used way too much cannabis for liking too and yes all these have contributed to the dp.

·
Registered
485 Posts
@nocturnalman mine was a combination of drugs(marijuana) and deep over indulgence in to spirituality and philosophy. The latter simply fucked my mind. I have used way too much cannabis for liking too and yes all these have contributed to the dp.
What did the doctors say about your abnormal MRI findings?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The docs claim it is insignificant and not a cause of much worry...and ya one thing that definitely contributed to my atrophy is antipsychotics...I had been on a devastating one for very long. Called loxapine.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I had generalized white matter intensities which were deemed insignificant. If your MRI results don't give a clinical indicator of a known

neurological condition, then they are "insignificant". DP/DR doesn't have known MRI indications. that I am aware of. . In other words, you

are fishing in a barrel with no fish.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes! I have had two MRIS after having dpdr and hppd for four years. My MRIS were in November and last week. Both show an abnormal white matter on my left frontal lobe. Since my mris were three months apart they were looking for growth to make sure it was not serious. Since it did not grow or change they dismissed it as inconclusive. They were originally looking for common neurological conditions and since it was not one they basically told me to not worry about it. I think it may play a part in my dpdr, even though it was hallucinogen induced.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree with most of your viewpoints here, especially that of forestx5.. My only worry is if it is dp and dp only or maybe something else too?! And that is quite a legitimate concern considering the findings of my MRI. How do I ascertain that for sure and put my mind at peace? Atleast to some extent.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've also been sanctioned for TMS by the way by my institution. I'm going to be one of the first subjects to be tried under it in my part of the world. Hope it works. Lets see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts