Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I've never tried any medication, but how does it make you feel?

Is there any way to make dp/dr go away that thinking about it wont make it come back....?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Plenty of medications to try!... I wouldn't necessarily recommend any of them until you have exhausted all other possibilities though such as therapy, regular exercise, finding meaningful career/life direction, cutting out alcohol, drugs, caffeine etc.

Medication can help, such as antidepressants. If it worked it would simply make you feel more like your normal self and more stable.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have a dilemma as in on one hand I want to recommend certain meds since they helped me so much and on the other hand I am hesitating to recommend them because it is best to deal with mental problems without meds if possible and I dont want to be the reason if the medication use will not be sucessful for the person or even harmful for him/her

·
Registered
251 Posts
I agree with Psyborg. Meds should be your last resort. Now I don't know the extend of your condition but in some extreme chronic cases, medication is the only thing that can help, sadly. However, I find that most people just need time. Time to heal and relax. The body and mind does wonders if it's given the proper nutrition and environment to thrive. Try the usual things that are overall good for your health:

Exercise

Jogging

Swimming (my God, this will relax you)

Eating healthier

Sleeping better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts