Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I suffer from derealization and I just want to know if the following feeling is a part of the derealization or if it’s the antipsychotic that I take that caused it. I feel like when I walk outside that the ground is jumping. Basically it feels like I am walking on a Air mattress and not on the ground. I hope you understand what I mean.

·
Administrator
1,412 Posts
Hey lulu, welcome to the forum!

This is a question only a professional psychiatrist can answer. But I do get what you mean. I don't have the symptom myself, but I have taken various antipsychotics in my time, and weird things like that can appear as side effects. A few questions I'd ask is: When did this experience begin? When your DR started or around the time you started taking meds? Are you on too high of a dose? Idk, like I said nobody can answer officially except your doctor. Also, don't give up on meds because of this. I went through a handful of antipsychotics until I found the one that seems fit for me, which I've been on for years now. Talk to your doctor :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey lulu, welcome to the forum!

This is a question only a professional psychiatrist can answer. But I do get what you mean. I don't have the symptom myself, but I have taken various antipsychotics in my time, and weird things like that can appear as side effects. A few questions I'd ask is: When did this experience begin? When your DR started or around the time you started taking meds? Are you on too high of a dose? Idk, like I said nobody can answer officially except your doctor. Also, don't give up on meds because of this. I went through a handful of antipsychotics until I found the one that seems fit for me, which I've been on for years now. Talk to your doctor :)
Hey!
Thanks for your reply. I have asked my pdoc about it and she doesn’t know if it is the medication or the derealization that is causing it. It’s the first time she ever heard someone complain about a feeling like walking on Air mattress. So I was hoping that someone in here has experience that and knows how to get rid of that feeling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts