Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like lack of motivation, sadness, lack of interest, hopelessness and so on are all clear signs of depression but it is also from dpdr ? Or does depression just come from getting dpdr ? I’m just confused why medication is not helping with my depression this time around. Last time I remember taking my meds again and by two weeks I was st least more motivated and wanted to try to do stuff and then a week later dpdr was gone. I can’t possibility try to tackle dpdr if I can’t get out of bed from this depression. Is my dpdr Just worse this time around ? I so bad want to just clean my house and be my silly self but my mind won’t let me.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
They go hand in hand...anxiety, depression and DP are all interlinked....Sometimes depression leads to DP just like anxiety and stress can....Other times DP can bring on depression because its so persistent and draining....

Usually when there is DP there is anxiety, panic, stress and depression...Oh and damn insomnia on top of all that....Not to mention the crazy thinking patterns....

The fact that this condition is so soul destroying makes it depressing in itself...

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But dpdr itself doesn’t cause depression symptoms that arnt actually depression ? So I can at least help the depression to get myself going ? I’m confused this time because it’s worked in the past with meds making me feel better then getting out of dpdr but this time meds arnt touching my depression so I’m trying to figure out if it’s even depression or stronger dpdr ( I’m honestly hoping it is depression because at least that can hopefully be treated and fixed )

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yes DP itself DOES cause depression, it causes numbness, which from my experience, in a short time causes depression, if you can't feel, you are depressed.

Either way, if you are out of DP and have depression, it's very much the same treatment either way. I have DP but it's not as bad as 3 years ago, but depression without an AD is extreme, i've came to the realisation that once i get my AD again (Mirtazapine works for me) that I will never leave it, one of them things, but to answer this question, pre DP it was never this extreme, for me Mirtazapine helps me feel, without feeling anything it's just depression... but it's one of those weird ones, if you DP is getting better with the medication, maybe you will hit a break through, i am the other way round, my DP got better with hard work but my depression never cleared without medication, i have been off over a year and a half and i can't wait to be back on them, but i can't comment if i am the norm, all I know is a life without depression, feeling positive, anything else you experience is just secondary

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Depression is like a viral infection. It can be the routine common cold. It can be deadly pneumonia. If you have garden variety depression, what difference does make? Like the common cold, it will resolve itself in time. Get a prescription

if it makes you feel better.

If you have the black dog depression with horrible insomnia and anxiety, can't eat, can't sleep, extreme feelings of hopelessness and despair and you want to commit suicide, , then it does matter. Taking the meds can make the difference between life and death.

DP/DR is a comparatively mild aggravation compared to the type of depression that routinely kills. I have survived several episodes of black dog depression. Each was an epic struggle for survival lasting about 2 years. 6 months down, 18 months to get back out.

I'm on my meds for life. Don't play games with your health.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts