Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes...typical Dp symptom. Its what makes my anxiety go up causing DP to worsen.. You are real and we are real and even the thought of you knowing sonething isnt right is enough to know that you are here and ok.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
real is like a radio station. Your brain should be tuned to real. Psychoactive drugs can alter your tuning. When you have dp/dr, your brain is out of tune with real.

real is fuzzy when you are out of tune, just like your fm radio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can relate and I understand how scary that thought can be from personal experience. The best thing you can do for yourself is to keep your mind from wondering off like that. Easier said than done. Do stuff you enjoy and try to be more mindful of everything you do throughout the day, it really will help. You need to recondition you thought patterns, once you think about those existential thoughts over and over for an extended period of time, it becomes natural for your mind. That's why I say recondition. You will be okay, just stay away from those thoughts for awhile until you are feeling better and are ready to explore them again

·
Registered
54 Posts
You've had your first bouts of existential questions, take it from someone who explored the absolute maximum of what is even comprehensible - it gets you nowhere, try to avoid questions because ultimately there are no answers.

We've evolved monkeys with capacity for complex consciousness, these ideas of reality are far beyond instinctual needs.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have these thoughts too I wonder if it’s all a dream in your head? I also worry my life preplanned and I have no control over my thoughts or actions a puppet on a string this is what goes through my head?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts