Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently just got out of a relationship and was wondering if anyone of you manages to sustain a healthy and loving relationship wit DP/DR.

We have always been completely honest with each other, but it hurt me and her so much at some point that i couldn´t return a simople love you because i don´t feel any feeling, so right now we just go our seperate ways and concentrate on opur issues instead of dragging each other down all the time...

Just wanted to know if there is hope we could build up a healthy relationship with mutual feelings at some point. Deep down I know that i love her, but often i just don´t feel anything at all towards her, it´s so confusing

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Not to say that it isn't possible, but for people who dissociate and have emotional numbness, it can certainly be difficult.

There's an old adage that you should love yourself before you love someone else. It's somewhat similar to this.

From my experience, it's important to fix yourself and make sure you're comfortable with who you are. Again, not to say that relationships can't work under these circumstances, but being healthy makes your relationships healthy as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts