Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some really intense questions and doubts about this world being real and me bring real. As I've started to recover, some of these doubts come back and feel so real it's freaky. I tell myself that those are lies and I'm real and this is real. It's just so weird to think and feel this way.

·
Registered
been going through this for years sigh
3 Posts
i get this. first of all; youre going to be ok. youre alright. it is very freaky and an actual horror.

what helps me sometimes is acknowledging that what is causing those feelings is a diagnosable thing, its a real disorder. those things are lies because youve been experiencing the trauma brought on by this disorder for so long, being detached for long enough is really really hard.

distractions can also help a lot for a little bit; sleeping, movies, youtube… whatever helps or captivates you :eek:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i get this. first of all; youre going to be ok. youre alright. it is very freaky and an actual horror.

what helps me sometimes is acknowledging that what is causing those feelings is a diagnosable thing, its a real disorder. those things are lies because youve been experiencing the trauma brought on by this disorder for so long, being detached for long enough is really really hard.

distractions can also help a lot for a little bit; sleeping, movies, youtube… whatever helps or captivates you :eek:)
Thanks for replying. It has been a very uncomfortable time. I feel out of place and not quite here. It feels kind of like a weird dream and not real. I'm trying to trust myself and gentle redirect my thoughts but it seems like this is becoming constant again...

·
Registered
been going through this for years sigh
3 Posts
Thanks for replying. It has been a very uncomfortable time. I feel out of place and not quite here. It feels kind of like a weird dream and not real. I'm trying to trust myself and gentle redirect my thoughts but it seems like this is becoming constant again...
the best thing to do is to tell others. dont act like it is normal, because ime that makes the thoughts way stronger. its also helpful to research dpdr to get more information on the disorder, so it becomes less of an unknown paranoia machine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts