Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is here anybody who has so hard insomnia over months and even sleeping pills, benzos and anti depressant like mirtazapine dont make me tired in the night and over the day ? it seems that my body dont gives me feedback over my lack of sleep.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Insomnia is not a symptom of depersonalisation in it primary form as a disorder. You have been seen by a professor who have done research into depersonalisation disorder and written books about it. He have said you are sufflering for major depression with secoundary symptoms of depersonalisation. This depression subtype is known to have insomnia as part of it's profile. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19794348/

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I have experienced severe insomnia. I once went 53 days without real sleep. Every 3 days, I might fall unconscious for 2.5 to 3 hours. It was more unconsciousness than sleep.

I took 2 doses of chloral hydrate and woke up 1.5 hours later. I ran a mile and drank a 6 pak of beer. I didn't sleep at all. It was horrible. My psychiatrist was no help at all.

I read a library book that said amitriptyline (Elavil) works for some people. I had my pdoc subscribe it and I had my first 7.5 hour rest in 53 days. Being able to rest allowed me

to survive that episode of depression. The next episode, I tried Seroquel. It allowed me to rest. These medications literally saved my life. When you can no longer sleep,

you are on a trajectory to suicide or death. I had ECT in 2014. I don't believe I will ever have another episode of major depression. I've been on an upward trajectory since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts