Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any tips on how to keep pushing even when you have major brain fog, lethargy, you feel like your life is ruined etc.... I try to stay positive most of the time but a couple of times a day I'll have moments where I'm like "it's ridiculous that you could think you'd ever feel normal after this, you're too far gone to ever feel good again" and it's really hard to think otherwise considering all the evidence is pointing toward that being the truth :/

I do feel like if I ever got over this though that I'd be able to achieve anything with my life .. because I can't imagine something worse happening to me than this. I feel like I'd never take anything for granted again. Hard to imagine even recovering in the first place though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
One day in the near future you'll look back on this time of your life and it'll be a distant memory... you won't even remember what's it all this feels like no matter how hard you try to. Trust me I've had it once before and it lasted an entire year. I recovered 100 percent for 7 good years I was happy. Until January I tried smoking weed again and it came back, but I'm confident it'll fade away again like it did the first time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One day in the near future you'll look back on this time of your life and it'll be a distant memory... you won't even remember what's it all this feels like no matter how hard you try to. Trust me I've had it once before and it lasted an entire year. I recovered 100 percent for 7 good years I was happy. Until January I tried smoking weed again and it came back, but I'm confident it'll fade away again like it did the first time.
Thank you, I really needed to hear something like that. I hope you get well soon too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have days like that too! Like today haha. I'm over the worse of my dpdr and the worst stuff that happened really does feel like it never happened. I hardly remember those crazy sensations I felt. From the recovery stories I read, you'll look back one day and won't remember how dpdr feels. Just takes time. Good luck! Keep going, lots of people end up recovering with time. Message me if you ever need some support xoxo

·
Registered
877 Posts
You never know when things will change. I've had countless days where i felt like NOTHING was ever going to change, whether bad or good. Keep going, keep forming good habits and take good care of your well being, and eventually the dust will settle and your DP will calm down.

Also i think an important thing to keep in mind, is this whole society thing and work/career thing that everybody takes deadly serious. FUCK THAT SHIT! You can't afford to care about those things, not untill you are better. You need to go back to square one, literally. Focus on achieving the little things, eating, showering, enjoying a game or a movie. Of course work/career can be a healthy distraction in itself, but if something causes you stress, ANNIHILATE that shit. You litterally can't afford it (health wise, not money).

If you feel the pressure (like we all do), just remember, the whole "gotta be a hard worker and succesful" is a flawed and stupid thing. The whole paradigm reaks of flaws like, you are assuming you are not valueable, UNLESS you satisfy someone ELSES expectations. That is not love or acceptance, it's actually the opposite. I could talk about this for hours but you get the idea.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You never know when things will change. I've had countless days where i felt like NOTHING was ever going to change, whether bad or good. Keep going, keep forming good habits and take good care of your well being, and eventually the dust will settle and your DP will calm down.

Also i think an important thing to keep in mind, is this whole society thing and work/career thing that everybody takes deadly serious. FUCK THAT SHIT! You can't afford to care about those things, not untill you are better. You need to go back to square one, literally. Focus on achieving the little things, eating, showering, enjoying a game or a movie. Of course work/career can be a healthy distraction in itself, but if something causes you stress, ANNIHILATE that shit. You litterally can't afford it (health wise, not money).

If you feel the pressure (like we all do), just remember, the whole "gotta be a hard worker and succesful" is a flawed and stupid thing. The whole paradigm reaks of flaws like, you are assuming you are not valueable, UNLESS you satisfy someone ELSES expectations. That is not love or acceptance, it's actually the opposite. I could talk about this for hours but you get the idea.
As for the work/career thing - this took up most of my energy before DP. It's not society that puts the pressure on me, it's just me - I've always been a perfectionist and I continue to be one so not functioning at the level I used to is really devastating. I know I need to take things easy to recover but at the same time I am a university student and can't really put my entire life on hold :(

·
Registered
344 Posts
This is both encouraging and discouraging at the same time. And I can absolutely attest to the whole weed thing. Weed gave me DP the first time around in January and by spring break the DP had gone away 100%. I thought I would safely be able to take a bong rip and experience the normal, pleasant high I had always been able to experience before the bad trip. WRONG! It came back and it lasted longer. It's still not 100% gone for me although I'm close. I have my good days and not so good. Today is thankfully one of the better days for me. But I had only been 100% better for 7 days. I wonder why weed causes this intense relapse effect? I think one of the biggest things that has hindered my recovery is my fear (more like terror) that I will forget so completely what DP is like that I will, at some point in the future, believe that I can safely smoke weed again and wind up relapsing even worse.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is both encouraging and discouraging at the same time. And I can absolutely attest to the whole weed thing. Weed gave me DP the first time around in January and by spring break the DP had gone away 100%. I thought I would safely be able to take a bong rip and experience the normal, pleasant high I had always been able to experience before the bad trip. WRONG! It came back and it lasted longer. It's still not 100% gone for me although I'm close. I have my good days and not so good. Today is thankfully one of the better days for me. But I had only been 100% better for 7 days. I wonder why weed causes this intense relapse effect? I think one of the biggest things that has hindered my recovery is my fear (more like terror) that I will forget so completely what DP is like that I will, at some point in the future, believe that I can safely smoke weed again and wind up relapsing even worse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts