Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im hoping someone else experiances this too. So when i start feeling normal, espessially just after i wake up from sleeping, i reflect on how it felt to be dissociated with dp and dr and it scares the crap out of me because the person i am when in that state feels so different, like im a totally different person. Most of my personality stays like on auto pilot but my way of thinking and feeling completely changes and its like a whole nother me. Sometimes i get this feeling that my whole life didnt accually happen or it wasnt mine and its one of the scarest feelings i get. Its a me that im unfamiliar with whos constantly stressed and confused even when relaxing and thinks differently about everything. I also have feelings of everything around me being unreal as well so i know i have both dr and dp. Like ive felt stressed and anxious normally without dr and dp but this just makes me feel like someone else entirely. Is this borderline personality disorder or just bad dr and dp? I know that people with mutiple personality disorder arnt aware of their changes in personalities so idk whats going on. I switch between the two daily which is improvement cause now im accually getting breaks from the dissociation but now that i have time to reflect, its starting to bother me.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yeah, i usually feel normal when i first wake up but it lasts anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes cause i start thinking about all the feelings and sensations ive had recently due to the dr/dp and i just start slipping back into it. But i do have times during the day where i do grounding exercizes and distract myself and i find myself feeling more normal. Journalling really helps too. I love sleep cause its a total break from everything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts