Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first off I'm very sick. I have had a constant runny nose for at least 3 days and a bad cough for 2 days. I've been isolating and at the moment I'm watching a documentary.
Tonight while watching the doc it dawned on me that sometimes I stop it and go into this rabbit-hole effect of googling things I notice or see in it.

I just watched myself do it enough to the point I am no longer watching the movie. Does this happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
514 Posts
I do this with everything I do, my attentionspan is like zero I hop from task to task alll the fucking time haven't watched a movie from beginning till end in uhm at least 2 years or so. Same with YouTube clips I start it after 10 seconds I stop it then do something else, then repeat that all the time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I watch movies and documentaries but am unable to feel/experience what's happening in them. DPD denies that of course, so instead I am analytical and deconstructive about the content of those programmes. It is an indirect way of getting quite a bit from them. Yes, my mind goes off in varied directions and I often forget what I am watching. It is frustrating but it doesn't worry me too much; taking in things is blanked for now by DPD but does not get worse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts