Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had DP/DR for about a year now as well as the fun disorders hppd and adhd. The latter being the only one i've had lifelong. The others came from that wonderful drug LSD.

I used to get support from hppdonline forums but they kicked me out sometime over the summer and here I am. I just felt my DP become overwhelming the past few days as i've been extremely bitter and not in control of thought or emotion.

I walked my routine 10 blocks in the cold to get cigarettes earlier tonight and I could not muster anything above a sneer or "fuck you!" to the drunk college kids. Normally i'll flirt or start yelling "football!" with the dumb drunk yups but I felt like strangling them all. The skyline of Pittsburgh seriously intensified, and the lights began strobing and piercing my ego.

This is one of the worst fucking nights in a while and I'm glad i've found a new place to bitch and complain. I'm sure that what we all do here though :twisted:.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sometimes, still to this day, I look at the Minneapolis skyline and it looks like a paper cut-out.

fucking ridiculous I tell ya

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love (or..is it loved) skylines, but now they just seriously trip me out. Sweet perma-trip. At night i need to stare at the ground. It helps if i'm drunk because i'd be doing that with or without the disorder.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Me too! I can't look at the sky... people will be like isn't that beautiful and point up to the sky, or they'll be like look at that awesome bird. And I glance for a second and I'm like yeah cool. I always have to stare at the ground at night too. My DP is the worst at night, especially on expressways where all you can see is sky and lights. I have to try to focus on something in the car. (I'm always a passenger, I'm too scared I'll crash or something if I drive)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I, no, no 2D vision. My DP/DR is gone for the most part. It's just that huge sky lines look fake. They always have looked fake.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i can't look up at the sky during the day because all i see is floaters, little sparks & other wonderful visual disturbances. Does anyone know why this happens?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Visual disturbances are harmless. I've got lots of them. Those parkly little dots are what I call seeing the air. Floaters are those stupid little imprints on my vision that I see when I stare into the sky. What is the biggest problem with these visual problems is the fact that whenever they are at their worst, we associate it with DP/DR or that mental fog. It is our constant reminder to the changes inside our head. With enough time though, we'll get used to them as the norm.

We need to target this disorder from the inside out. Perceptions have changed we can either let them control us or we can accept them. The fact is that we are fundamentally the same and that we are changed from being hyper-sensitive to our perceptions.

This is definetely the case for myself and the fact that it was drug-induced. I'm pretty sure this can relate to all those with strait-edge DP DR.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts