Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone. my name is Becka. I'm 18 and i have schizophrenia. I was diagnosed about 1 year ago. Been having symptoms all my life. I started having dp and dr symptoms about two years ago when the schizophrenia got worse. I don't think i have true dp, i think it's just part of the schiz.

I have feelings of being far away from myself and unreal. Everything feels like a dream and i often confuse my dreams and my real life. When i am in a psychotic state, i get other feelings, like being possessed/inhibited by other people. Sometimes i feel them in my entire body, but often it's just in my arms. I get feelings like i am mixed up and distorted, like a picaso painting, i can't tell where my body stops and everything else starts--it's like everything just flows together, or my body feels like a broken-up puzzle. I've had feelings of my arms and legs and hands floating away from me and not being able to tell where my arms, or legs are. I've also had feelings of being up-side-down and inside out. Sometimes when i look in the mirror, i dont recognize myself, or i see something else looking through me. And sometimes when i look at other people or objects, i'll recognize them as me or my family members.

well that's my summary. Thanx for reading

-Becka

G

·
Hi Becka,
I had DP states for MANY years, terrible unreality feelings and anxiety and obsessiveness.

Also, my mother was schizophrenic, so I wanted to chime in and say I am very very familiar with that diagnosis and would be more than happy to post in response to you about it, if you have thoughts you'd like to share. I am sure it is a very scary diagnosis to get - however, my mother lived a very long and often happy life, and in many ways she was no more odd than the rest of us, lol

I also am an avid student of psychoanalysis and where I study, often the more regressed patients in hospitals are treated with therapy as well as medication. You wrote something up there in your post that I found very interesting. See your quote below.

When i am in a psychotic state, i get other feelings, like being possessed/inhibited by other people.
You meant to say "inHABITED" by other people.." but you accidentally wrote "inhibited" Sometimes our minds say things by mistake that are really TRUE! Part of the fun of psychoanalysis! And I wondered if you had any thoughts on it - maybe part of why the schizophrenic world was necessary for you is that you were SO inhibited by others and afraid that you had to hide who you are in order to keep their love and protection.

If that makes NO sense, just ignore me, lol...but I wanted to welcome you and say I am glad you decided to post.

Take care,
Janine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.