Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ever forget your keys or phone? You felt silly, or maybe ignorant....but forgetting DP is bliss! Ever hear the famous saying "ignorance is bliss"? Why should everyone around us without DP be enjoying life without us. Join them. Join ignorance to become forgetful and ignorant of DP, then you will enjoy simple life pleasures and achieve bliss. Oh..... your too intelligent, creative, or insightful you say? Who said intelligent people can't have fun, or do we have to think so deeply all the time? Depression or anxiety has got you hooked on DP? That medicine your taking can alter your brain chemistry and bring feel good chemicals and give you a great jumpstart, but you also should enjoy some ignorance and forget you ever had DP. And YOU WILL forget. THIS IS HOW TO FORGET........and how to be like those "ignorant" people around you that have no idea what DP is..........FIRST.... GOOD NEWS......the brain can forget things, this is absolutely certain. I will say it again.....JOIN the rest of the ignorant world and, shop with the rest, talk to the rest, eat with the rest, go on dates, post on Facebook like other people......and eventually you become an ignorant person like the rest.....but that's bliss. Have fun....and happiness will be sure to follow. No thoughts required. Just faith. Everything is real. Depersonalization to me now is simply a lack of faith. Come on..........join the people having fun, and don't let your life pass you by anymore. I no longer believe in my own DP that I used to have very severe. Now I have no DP. Wow. The brain changes. That's reality.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I sort of agree with you but I think it's important not to regard this mentality as some kind of "lesser intelligence" as ignorance typically implies.

It's possible to be understanding and compassionate about DPDR without being in it's grasp for all eternity. We don't have to feel like DPDR is some kind of elephant in the corner that isn't to be looked at. We can acknowledge it and then go about business.

·
Registered
22 Posts
"Ignorance is Bliss" is just a famous line that we use when referring to a way of life, or a method in the case of DP/DR. There is a lot of truth in it. The method is not used here to outcast anyone, it just really means to be happy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts