Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I haven't barely experienced depersonalization for about 5 years now (I am 25), but I experienced it at a constant and severe level for a period of 4 years, from when I was 16 until I was about 20. I can't be sure exactly when it ended, but I remember the exact moment it started and it was all at once.

I don't have any pearls of wisdom that can help you guys get out of this, but feel free to message me if you need someone to talk about it with. The sensations from the episode that I can remember were just ones of total hopelessness and defeat, and it breaks my heart thinking of so many people going through the same thing. I didn't have a forum like this or anything when I was going through it; my doctors didn't know anything about it, no one really took it seriously, and I genuinely thought I was the only person who had experienced this and thought I was going insane. From what I've seen tumblr has an alright community on it too. my url is the same as my username on here if you decide to join it.

Like I said, I can't say exactly when it ended because I just kind of realized it was gone one day, but once I (sort of) got my footing again I got clear enough to get my undergrad in psych and now I'm getting my master's in counselling.

I am not sure if my dpdr is gone or not, I have had a short episode since recovering that only lasted a few hours (with no apparent trigger) but I feel (and hope) that it is gone, at least through the force that it was once here. I remember doing some exercises suggested by my therapist that may have helped as well, if you are interested. It may have also just been acknowledgment of actually having a problem that helped as well.
I really can't be sure.

I feel for you guys, message me if you need.

Emily

·
Registered
49 Posts
How did u get this? And I've only been struggling for six month's I feel so depressed and lonly my boyfriend I love to death doesn't really understand my pain I feel. He still smokes so it kinda hard for me but I got this from weed and I don't know if im going to heal or not my symptoms seem severe and everlasting I'm seriously feel like giving up please give me hope

·
Registered
6 Posts
How did u get this? And I've only been struggling for six month's I feel so depressed and lonly my boyfriend I love to death doesn't really understand my pain I feel. He still smokes so it kinda hard for me but I got this from weed and I don't know if im going to heal or not my symptoms seem severe and everlasting I'm seriously feel like giving up please give me hope
Please don't give up. You are certainly not alone in this. I often feel like my symptoms are everlasting also but there are so many posts on this site of people who used to feel hopeless but perservered and eventually found a way to live life to the fullest. You are important no matter what your mind may be telling you. Please stay with us

1 - 4 of 4 Posts