Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 100% sure they would find the cause of DP/DR and then scientists would find ways to reverse the disorder.

Weed is not illegal because they care about people ,if this was the case the consumption of alcohol would be strictly forbidden.
I am not saying that people should smoke weed ,but in each substance/plant on this planet there is always a benefit in them and people if knowledge should be allowed to discover them.
Everything comes in pairs ,so is it also with harm and good.You have the harmful part and there is also the beneficial part.For example nuclear science can be used for good or for total destruction.

Weed caused my DP ,but i am for the legalization of weed ,not for consumption but for medical research.
Believe me ,if for example Putin of Russia smoked weed and got DP ,he would make it legal in Russia for medical research so that he can hope in a cure.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am 100% sure they would find the cause of DP/DR and then scientists would find ways to reverse the disorder.

Weed is not illegal because they care about people ,if this was the case the consumption of alcohol would be strictly forbidden.
I am not saying that people should smoke weed ,but in each substance/plant on this planet there is always a benefit in them and people if knowledge should be allowed to discover them.
Everything comes in pairs ,so is it also with harm and good.You have the harmful part and there is also the beneficial part.For example nuclear science can be used for good or for total destruction.

Weed caused my DP ,but i am for the legalization of weed ,not for consumption but for medical research.
Believe me ,if for example Putin of Russia smoked weed and got DP ,he would make it legal in Russia for medical research so that he can hope in a cure.
Of if dp will touch some politicians directly or indirectly

·
Registered
821 Posts
Skunk and cannabis are two different drugs in my opinion. THC gets you high and switches off the default mode network (DMN) in the brain.. during my 'highs' I would pretty much have DPD. That isn't normal apparently, but how could I know that? I think it is where education and legalisation are important. If people were educated then they would know that people that experienced symptoms of DP and dissociation when high should really avoid marijuana.

The other side of cannabis is CBD. This protects the brain apparently from over activation from THC and therefore stops the DMN switching off. They have done some research into this already on a channel 4 documentary in the UK called 'drugs live'. They all smoked skunk and cannabis (high THC vs balanced THC:CBD) and one person even got symptoms of depersonalization from the skunk. He said: "I feel as though my soul has left my body'.. incidentally this guy is a news anchor and has spoken openly about been abused as a child. It sounded fucking awful. And it ties into the belief I have that childhood abuse gives people a predisposition to dissociate and experience DPD from weed and other drugs as they disrupt the DMN.

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
if this was the case the consumption of alcohol would be strictly forbidden.
Would be difficult to enforce. Even prisoners can occasionally make their own alcohol.

·
Registered
21 Posts

I said exactly the same in my previous posts regarding legalization of marijuana. If recreational drugs are causing/triggering this, then the answer to dp/dr lies within them. This is also what the scientists in the US exactly is asking for - that the Federal Government needs to allow them to conduct research in both recreational/medical marijuana use. On the other hand, It's a good thing the Federal Government in Canada has invested in a lot of projects regarding the recreational use of marijuana, so who knows maybe it the research regarding dp/dr will come from Canada first! I can't believe there is this ridiculous delay in marijuana research when it is being used this extensively, it really get me upset.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts