Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first let me start by saying DP effects the love of my life and I want to help him any way I possibly can.
So I joined here. Hopefully so he'll look around, reach out and see that people do get through this and he's not the only one and it's ok to be dealing with this.
Secondly, to get some helpful advice from others going through this.
What are some of the most helpful things a significant other can do for you?
What are things you wish they knew to better help you?

·
Banned
255 Posts
To just be there for him, try to understand, not give up on him, tell him it will be ok, I like my husband looking things up so I won’t do it as much and he can just tell me the good things ( I still end up looking things up )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would never, ever give up on him. I feel..he gives up on himself enough.
I do my best to be there,even when it's from a distance..sometimes I feel he doesn't want me there( or maybe it's just what he's dealing with?)
I do, do that too! And he does, just like you lol still look it up himself..even tho he knows it's no good to search so much..and sometimes about the worst/wrong things.. but I understand that. I'd probably do the exact same thing.
Thank you for answering.

·
Banned
255 Posts
He doesn’t want to give up, he’s just so scared. And he does want you around but it’s just so hard for other people to understand such a messed up thing so we get aggravated, not necessarily with you but with this. Almost pushing people you love away and I can’t even explain why but I do the same thing to my husband. You just so badly want to be normal and yourself again and would do anything but there is literally nothing we can do but hope and pray it just goes a away. The unknown is the worst part, is someone could tell me the day it would go away I’d be able to live so much easier.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wouldn't that make it so much easier to have a date to know? Even if it were years and years away! Lol it would take so much stress from me, I can only imagine from him, or anyone else dealing.
Just have to keep at it, till that day of relief comes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts