Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an overdose on edibles exactly a month and two weeks ago. You all know the rest.

My symptoms seem to be fading, some completely. I am extremely relieved to not have to deal with brain fog, that made my grades drop and stressed me out so much. My "dream like vision, or movie vision" is fading, I think this is due to me being calm and more relaxed, and it isn't bothering me like it used to.

I now enjoy sleep, like I used to before! :)

I don't know where I land on the % scale of "recovered" so far, but it seems to be going away fairly quick for me. It just feels weird emotionally. At times, I feel like myself. Other times, I feel like I have no motivation and don't care about things I used to - "anhedonia" or whatever that shit is. It is so hard to explain, sometimes I feel right but not like before. I was wondering, is this common? Should I be expecting this feeling for a while or is this the "final" stages of recovering?

I have read the stories posted by "ManOnTheSilverMountain", and my experience seems to resemble his a lot.

I also smoked weed 4 months ago, and experienced this DP/DR thing (I think), for a few hours after my shitty panic attack. I only took 3 hits and the high went away, but I felt weird af afterwards. I am guessing that this is exactly like before, but just a long, drawn out experience that lasts days/weeks/months? My panic attack 4 months ago wasn't as bad and I barely got high. This time, I took waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I should have (unintentionally), and I was panicked a few days afterwards as well. Just a thought...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Id avise not to smoke ever again. While it may not be your case, it can still affect your recovery. I too think that Im recovering.

Dp is shitty but the recovery can be equally ardous as your mind and body are try8ng to make sense of thibgs yet again! The thougnts and emotions i had under dp are probably the saddest and most depressing things i endured.

It took some tike but after 4 months, I DO see some recovery althought im not quite there yet.
This is a mental thing and in some cases it is hormonal and brought on by a constant excitation of the PNS. Cortisols and nonepinephrine are out of whack in most anxiety-induvded DP, and OCD contributes 8n aggravating DP.

What jas helped me is better diet, good supplements, extreme mental discipline and patiecne

1 - 2 of 2 Posts